• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

having trouble setting up my newly bought cutter

teefunk01

Hey guys Im having trouble setting up my plotter/cutter.....searched around couldny find anything so I signed up for this forum Im using Flexipro desay edition using the King Cut 900 plotter/cutter......the machine can test cuts by itself no problem but when I try to cut something from the computer it doesnt read.

Derf

Keep Tinkering with it! I don't know any thning about a King Cut! I'd call tech suport.

teefunk01

yea i set it up to the usb port 2.......for some reason it displays like its about to print and then it cancels itself out Im so confused with this.....anyone think I can call geek squad or a computer company to just come and set it up for me?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
yea i set it up to the usb port 2.......for some reason it displays like its about to print and then it cancels itself out Im so confused with this.....anyone think I can call geek squad or a computer company to just come and set it up for me?

USB has a standard which is currently version 2 but I don't think USB ports are numbered.

You would get the quickest and most satisfactory results by calling a local person to assist you with this kind of issue ... and you can learn what is done at the same time.

I may not be able to actually help you with getting FlexiSign to run your cutter however I certainly help with additional information on the cutter which may or may not assist to get it running. I am familiar with the KingCut cutters as we have written drivers for them in our SignBlazer software. Firstly I am not familiar with the a KingCut 900. However the latest version of the KingCut cutter which is 3 foot or 900mm wide is a KingCut A36. This is from the “A” Series. Ok, here is what I do know, there should have been a CD from the manufacturer, without this it will be impossible to run this cutter.
This particular cutter has electronics in it that need to be supported by supplemental software. Instead of electronics a lot of the work normally done by the cutter electronics itself is done by the provided software on your computer. Then this software sends the information to the cutter to make it cut. If you do not have this CD then ask the reseller for one. Some of the earlier models of the KingCut actually had a dongle provided with the cutter. This was to protect the software that is installed from the CD. If you do not have this dongle then the cutter is a boat anchor. Later models (A Series) have the dongle built into the motherboard of the electronics.
After you have installed the software from the CD then go to into the cutter setup of FlexiSign and the rest should be very straight forward. If I can help further then contact me here.

teefunk01

just gound out I do have the A36.....in which I dont think is a cutter you can send to using the Flexi software....I just cant find it... Do you guys suggest I find an alternative software? At this point Im so frustrated Im about to just sell it...I did buy the software separate...it didnt come with the cutter so Im thinking its not compatible

Techman

Go back to Sign Wharehouse and MAKE them get your machine to run. They sold it to you, they got paid from you, they have to support for you.
Why should Sign Wharehouse get away with shifting their tech support responsibilities onto forums such as this.
Along with that shifting comes a guessing game that you have to play until you find out whats wrong. We sit here guessing what could be wrong and I don't feel thats right for you.

Very few of any one here has experience with that machine. If it was a name brand and commonly used we all could direct you eexactly to the fix.

Cadmn

call a geek & all those guys are taught to sell other services so if ya want a new hard drive or such call them & wait a few days for the crash I've watch it time & again

SignPainter

Email me I'll give you a hand setting it up if it's like FlexiSign Pro.You may have to use different drivers if that plotter is not listed.