• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head alignment on SP-540v?

jsalda

Had some dropout issues, was finally able to resolve with soaking the heads and cleaning, but now on the test print, some of the lines are out of alignment on black & cyan, resulting in some slight, white spots on prints. Already performed the bi-directional adjustment, but I'm assuming it's time to have a tech out to perform a mechanical head alignment?

Attachments

• test print.JPG
    test print.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 897

jsalda

I have not changed the wiper and wiper scraper yet, I just haven't ordered them yet. I did clean the existing ones real well, but that won't account for wear.

If the nozzles were being deflected, wouldn't the lines be fuzzy? These look nice and crisp, just out of alignment.

CS-SignSupply-TT

parts for Roland

I have not changed the wiper and wiper scraper yet, I just haven't ordered them yet. I did clean the existing ones real well, but that won't account for wear.

If the nozzles were being deflected, wouldn't the lines be fuzzy? These look nice and crisp, just out of alignment.

Jeremy, we have the parts you need and we will be happy to help you. :thumb:

otctech

Are you having print quality issues? I have seen machines with worst looking test prints run jobs fine. But I agree with CS that is deflected nozzles and has nothing to do with head adjustments.

jsalda

Having a few "scan lines" in solid blacks and blues, when printing on "Fast Quality." Std quality looks good, but we usually are able to get away with fast on wraps. I'll order wiper & scraper and maybe do one more good soak & clean to see if it gets a bit better. Might just have to live with it for now instead of spending $800 for a new head. Thanks for all the suggestions & help.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Jeremy, the more you are willing to "...go under the hood..." and do the work yourself, the longer the printer will last and perform the way it was designed.