• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Head Strikes On Mutoh 1614

QuickSignsSA

I have a Mutoh 1614 and for some stupid reason, my banner material always seems to bow in the middle of the banner material when printing. It starts fine, I check the back to make sure everything is tought and even, and the front, and I stretch the banner from side to side than have someone else put the lever down so that its' tought. I start running the print, it's fine, than I walk away for 2 minutes, and I see that it has bunched up and head strikes!!! Ugh, pisses me off so much. I just lost a 4x20 yesterday at like 18 feet into a print because of this. Rediculous I tell you. What could it be?

Thanks for your help.

Biker Scout

Yeah, we had that problem for awhile. Pre-Heat and Platen Heat need to be low to 0°, and crank up the last one. Make sure your head is moved in the high position as well. We set-up one of the presets to be our "Banner" mode only.

But crappy banner material will always start to bunch up no matter what you do. We've changed brands to one that's got a tighter scrim weave. Not had a head strike since.

ChicagoGraphics

I would say it's either of 2 things, your heat settings are to high or the way your streching it into your printer. You should only really have to put it in stright, not having to have people streching it.

QuickSignsSA

I started stretching it cause it was getting bunched up. I know your not supposed to, but figured it would be a temp fix. I will check my temp settings, which I am confident it is.

Color Dude

Banner material requires very little to no heat when printing.

I usually set mine at 30 degrees on the first two and 50 on the after heater.

P

ProWraps™

you need to kill the heat. create a media type that you use only for banners. set the heaters to zero. set your head height to high. problem solved.