• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heads Dried out on my Roland Sol Jet

dlndesign

Does anyone know of a good way without killing my heads, to clean the dried ink out of them, if the cleaning function doesn't actually clean them out? Thanks in advance!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I just got through cleaning the heads of a SolJet ProII SJ 740. It had been setting with ink in it for over 2 years. I got most of the heads to work near 100%. How long has yours been sitting?

rdm01

Do a search on the topic, it has been covered many times. There are ways
of doing this that are fairly easy, just takes some time and patience. From
what I remember, you need to do lots of heavy cleanings, then put some
cleaning solution in your capping stations (or soak a coffee filter and put it
between your capping stations and heads), and let it set for a while. Repeat
until you get flow. Check with others though, I don't know if this is absolutely
correct.

Matt Cuellar

I recommend the head soak first. After you've done a few strong cleanings, if there's still no or little flow, take some lint free cloths or coffee filters (cloths preferred), soak them in cleaning solution and set them in the capping station. Park the heads of the cloths and let it soak for 60 mins. Afterwards, try another strong clean, then a nozzle check. If still a problem, the soak one more time. Outside of that, the heads might need to be replaced, but typically a good head soak with unclog the nozzles in my experience. I'm sure others have insight too. Good luck!

dlndesign

Thanks, that worked perfectly, I had only left it out overnight, but my heads we're completely blocked. Thanks again!:thankyou:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We will clean your print head with our ultrasonic machine and heated solvent to run through the print head. We will charge you $100 per print head. No flows; no charges.
Or bring it to me at SGIA booth# 760. I will flush for you free of charge. We also give out free passes to SGIA, Atlanta GA. www.sgia.org

Francis
francis.kao@fieldcenterusa.com

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
What how did you do that? just in case i need the info for the future.

your my hero dale
I will post an article on how to clean heads that have been left in storage with ink in them. I have posted one in the New member threads but it got buried pretty fast. An article will be easier to access by everyone. Thanks for the suggestion.:thumb:

Last edited: