• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Settings for printing on 3m IJ680 Comply

Sagan4862

Looking for some input on what everyone sets their heaters at the print on the Comply. Our old printer we ran at 45-40-45, however when the tech came in he said that was too hot. Whats everyone else running?

MikePro

ummm, did you try asking your tech what to print it at? not to be mean, but he's the pro and we're just a buncha internet trolls.
should be picking his brain, and then sharing the juicy bits with us to make fun-of.
I print on it at approx. 240degrees.
(HP latex printer)

Sagan4862

My appoligies. We're printing with a Seiko Colorpainter W-64s. The tech wasn't sure what to set it at, just told us to use trial and error to come up with what works best.

jfiscus

Rap Master
My appoligies. We're printing with a Seiko Colorpainter W-64s. The tech wasn't sure what to set it at, just told us to use trial and error to come up with what works best.
That is ultimately going to be your best bet if the printer is new to you. You're also going to have to test your pass#, bi- versus uni-directional for the material, etc, etc.
Reflective can be a bit finnicky to get to print well on certain printers.

MikePro

also noted, that, on my JV3 (which is more like your printer, than my HP) i was printing at 36-40 C, for most materials. Reflective included.

p.s. troll post +1!

d fleming

I am also printing on a seiko 64s colorpainter. My heat settings are fine. I do have to set the heat a little lower for 63" banner material to prevent tunneling but other than that everything runs through at that setting and is fine. What is it doing that causes you to think the heat setting is too high?