• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heat Settings on Mutoh 1204 - Vertical banding issues

Intense01

Hello, I have been having issues for a little while now with Vertical banding. I wanted to see what the rest of you run for heat settings with say 3m180cv3. I have turned down the pre and platen heater down to 37c and the after is at 50c. I am still running into the issues with vertical banding and I want to throw my printer out the window.

Nozzle check is perfect, PF adjust is good. I have tried numerous profiles and none have changed the banding issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

GmanDesign

I've had the same issue on my Mutoh 1304. I switched over to using all matte films and it went away for the most part.

OlsonSigns601

I had everything set to 35 on mine until my guy said the ink is really wet coming out.

So took it to recommended settings according to Sign Warehouse of
Platen 42, Dryer 50, Preheater 40.

Be interested to see what other VJ1204 users use.

As for banding.... On our VJ1204 we had a banding issue for a little bit and it turned out to be the wheel and sensor on the left of the printer was dusty causing it to jump a little bit during the printing process. We cleaned the wheel (some magnetized thing) and made sure to be carefull and now it prints perfect.