• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Heavy Duty Roll Rack

Farmboy

Does anyone have a source for a rack similar to the ones made for 30 inch rolls, but will handle 54 inch? Thinking of just welding one up, but why reinvent the wheel if there's already something out there.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 253

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There's at least big ones like these with even longer tubes to hold up to 64". Not sure who would sell it to you tho.
And it's nice. We have 3 similar to that and it holds very well.

Attachments

• f57fc8494422c32cb5c6fa9bf0e9a45a.jpg
    f57fc8494422c32cb5c6fa9bf0e9a45a.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

netsol

Premium Subscriber
wouldn't you have to hold them vertically?
leverage doesn't just work to your advantage
some of those rolls are 150 lbs.
wouldn't the base have to be counter weighted like my bucket truck, not to tip over?

it's kind of like the people who take a file cabinet and load only the top drawer and then pull it all the way out.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
wouldn't the base have to be counter weighted like my bucket truck, not to tip over?

it's kind of like the people who take a file cabinet and load only the top drawer and then pull it all the way out.
It is by the bottom structure and all the other rolls that hold the weight back. You only take out couple maximum at the time.
This is way more user friendly than the ones that are on a wall or even vertical. It's so easy to just slide one out and load it.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
This is what we use...have 5 of em..

Farm....saw you are in Auburn. I went to SU. We made it out that way a few times...also over to Skaneateles Lake.

Attachments

• Rolling rack.png
    Rolling rack.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 205

Farmboy

Got one of these:
PLASTGrommet_BullRack-1.jpg

It's a giant pita, every time I pull a roll off I have to set it down and unthread the conduit. Same with putting rolls back on. Otherwise it's great, never had a roll fall off it...

Yeah, that style never did it for me. Looks pretty, but I never imagined it easy to work with.