• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hello everyone from little rodie

laforestsigns

WEVE BEEN IN OPERATION SINCE 1984 . MY GRANDFATHER STARTED THE COMPANY WHEN WE BECAME BORED FROM RETIREMENT. HE WAS A PAINTER IN THE ARMY AND AN AWSOME ARTIST. WE STARTED DOING PAINT AND AIRBRUSH. WE WAS REAL BIG IN THE LATE 70'S AND 80'S VAN MOVEMENT . WE BOUGHT OUR FIRST COMPUTER SYSTEM IN 1986. LOVELY ANAGRAPH WHICH WE STILL USE TO THIS DAY. IM 29 AND HAVE BEEN MAKING SIGNS SINCE 86-87 AS JUST A LITTLE BOY. SADLY MY GRANDFATHER PASSED AWAY LAST NOVEMBER AND IM GOING TO CARRY THE TORCH FOR MY SON 13MOS. TODAY WE USE ANAGRAPH AND FLEXI , AND HAVE A THRIVING BUISINESS . IM LOOKING TO EXPAND OUR BUISINESS TO DIGITAL PRINTING BUT IM LOOKING FOR THE BEST SYSTEM TO BUY . AND RECOMENDATIONS WOULD BE GREAT !!! I HOPE TO GET TO KNOW ALL OF YOU IN THE FUTURE. :signs101:

SteadyBenny

I lived not to far away in Franklin, MA 1985-86, I left MA right after the Mets beat the Sox in the '86 World Series. I was a sheet metal worker in those days. My sister remained in MA several more years, up in Framingham, before moving to PA. I lived in CT (one in New London one in Bridgeport) for two years following my stay in Franklin before moving to NY.
I'd say a little New England rubbed off on me, but not enough to make me like the Sox.

jimdes

That's alright Benny,

We don't want you anyways . . . LOL, just funin' ya! . . . and you can have the washed up bambino (spanish for baby . . . Pedro)

And here's a pic I took for ya just in case you forgot what it looks like . . .

Attachments

• 3570.jpg
    3570.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 89

Scott Reynolds

As far as digital printing, there is no "best" printer out there. You have to weigh speed, ink cost, and printer cost. For a printer to get your feet wet with, I like the Mutoh 48" outdoor, and it runs in the 12-14k range. There is the Mimaki JV3-SP. It prints about 80-160 sq. ft. hour in the 24-26K range. Today I was testing a Seiko Colorpainter 64s. 4X8 banners in 10 min. flat w/out banding! It takes the 48" Outdoor about 35min w/little banding and 70 min w/o, but the price is 12k vs. 33k. The 72si Gator for Colorspan would print the same 4x8 banner in 4:45 min, but that will set you back 55K! Right now Colorspan is "working" for my business. Seiko? Im still working on them. :)

ink cost per foot

Mutoh Outdoor .40-.49 per ft 3 yr
Mimaki JV3-SP .28-.38 per ft 5 yr
Seiko Colorpainter .24-.33 per ft 5 yr
Colorspan 72si .09-.19 per ft 5 yr

*These numbers and stats are only the opinion of LvDecals and are not meant to be facts.

SteadyBenny

I hate the Mets almost as much as I hate the Sox. We go to the stadium for 2-3 games a year out in the bleachers. Because I have a Yankees Visa card, I get a pair of free seats once a year, but they are pretty high up in the upper deck. My brother-in-law has a subscription for 4 seats way up in the upper deck, higher than the freebies... He sells most of the games. He only keeps the subscription to get playoff seats, though I went to a game against the Twins with him in 2003. I have to say that is far, far up. I actually think the bleachers are better. Last game I was at Pedro got rocked something like 11 to 1 last fall. The best part was we were close to Manny and he took a lot of heckling, mainly because he can't stop fussing with his pants and shoes.

geb

Welcome Rodie.

Jimdes, the way Pedro is pitching, I'm glad he's no longer a Sox player. Yes, I'm a huge Met fan. For the record, I hate the Yankees, so I obviously love to see the Red Sox win. Go Mets and Red Sox.

George