• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from CALIFORNIA

ScottyAdams

Hey Everyone!

My name is Scotty Adams. I am the new Production Artist // Graphic Designer with a brand new sign company called West Mountain Sign. We are part of the Sign Biz network. I currently have been working with Adobe products but will be making the switch to Flexisign pro 10. We have our space ready to go for our equipment arrival. We will be training for 2 weeks on everything we need to know about the sign business. After the 2 weeks of training our equipment should be arriving shortly. I do have a couple questions about equipment, but I am not quite sure where to post yet considering how new I am to this forum (just signed up a few hours ago). We have an equipment list but are wondering if we should make a few upgrades. In particular our printer and laminator. Our package comes with a Roland VERSACAMM VS-540 w/ stand and take up reel and an Enduralam 53" cold laminator. We were considering upgrading the printer to the 60" HP l25500 for the ability of having prints dry and ready to go straight from the printer. However, we are not sure what laminator to get if we make the upgrade to the HP...Heat assist?...needed?...Models? OR will the equipment that is included do us just fine. Anyways, I am happy to be here and hope I can get some great insight into the field and hopefully some great advice from all of the members here. :peace!:

Freese

L25500 has been replaced by the L26500...

And it's a great machine. I use it daily if you have questions. (From a fellow Californian)

Re the printer choice: make sure that you are being trained on the same brand and model equipment that you will be using in your production environment. There are major differences between the Roland solvent ink and HP Latex ink printers in day-to-day operation, inksets (silver & white is an option on the Roland), profiling, media compatibility, media loading/ unloading, and much more.

Re the laminator, being trained on the same model is less critical for the laminator choice, as they are all fairly similar in operation.

Mike Drysdale

Scotty, Welcome. Hope to meet you some day. We are also in San Jose. By Brokaw and Hwy 880.

Millers Vinyl Graphics & Embroidery
521 Charcot Ave Suite 123
San Jose, CA 95131

408-428-9292:Welcome: