• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from the panhandle of Texas

WVB

I got my start several years ago when I was just out of highschool. I use to manage a car stereo/performance shop. The owner was able to get his hands on a vinyl cutter w/ software and pretty much threw it in my lap, "I need you to learn this" he said.... Couple years later I went back to college and received my degree in Commerical Art. Again got out of that and went back to Computer Information Systems. Did that for several years doing upgrades to Sams Club, Target, and other servers out there. Wanted to be my own boss, so I started up my own business back in the vinyl graphics industry and have been very happy for the past 2 years now. I started out with a Roland Stika SX-12 and out grew that in a matter of 2 months. Found signwarehouse.com via ebay and purchased a Vinyl Express Panther Pro 24" with tons of vinyl and supplies. I could not be happier with this machine. A lot of people talk about tech support via signwarehouse or the lack of I should say, I was not concerned with such since my background was in computer field. I am in the process of looking into a Printer/Cutter which will be in the future sometime, as I do not think I can utilize my plotter with a stand alone printer. If I am wrong please fill me in. Thanks again to all who will and have helped me along the way. I will do my best to return the favor.

jimdes

Welcome!

You are right in assuming that you won't be able to use your plotter with a stand alone printer. The SW Panther does not have an OPOS (Optical Positioning) system to detect where the registration marks are on the print. A good option would have been the new Summa D60. About $1000 more but worth about $2000 more. . . . that would make it worth about $5000 more than my Lynx-60, Hehehe.

WVB

That is what I was thinking. I know the Graphtec have that "eye" as well. I also notice that SW sells bundles with the Panther Pro and a stand alone Printer. However I could not figure out how the Panther would be able to cut with out the "eye."