• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from the world of Road Rage

roadrage

Hi everyone, my name is Mike and I'm the owner of Road Rage Designs. I have to be honest, I joined this site because people here don't hold back and tell it like it is. Our tag line is THE ART OF ATTITUDE (It's copywritten so don't think about it and the Road Rage name is registered) and I love the attitude of this site. We are a vehicle wrap company that only does it right, and takes great pride in what we do. I belive in treating others the way I would like to be treated. I still do a lot of business with a handshake.
We beta test all Averys new products and feel they have the best stuff on the market. I wont sit and have a debate on who's better but will offer as much info as I can from the many years of working with and pushing the limits of vinyl. I will never say I know everything that is why I joined a community of professionals. But like others on this site I tell it like I see it.
One question I would like to ask. Why is there so much hate and mudd slinging between local wrap shops. I tried to work with a larger shop than mine to stop some of the bs from customers going back and forth, (the he said she said crap) and he actually told me I was yellow, and that I was only latching on to him. To make a long story short now he's not doing so well!
And if you want to boost the morale of your shop try to get one of your competitors stickers and stick it to the bottom of your toilet for all to see. Client will smile because they have been down that road and the people that work for you feel... well you know how they feel. I know it sounds imature but it's all in fun and everyone who works here enjoys what they do. I have made a place where work doesn't feel like work. That's what makes a comany strong.
I'm looking forward to talking and sharing information with everyone on the site.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Welcome Aboard.
Avery doesn't stand behind their product to begin with so beta testing / guinea pig testing is a waste of time and will only haunt ya. They just change the material # after it fails...

roadrage

Avery stood behind me with a $3500 loss. The material # change you speak of was to standardize their number system with their plants in other countries just like Oracal.

roadrage

We wrap about 30 race sleds a year and use MPI1800. The stuff sticks great to the rough plastic and holds up great to a year of racing. One project was 10 snowmobile wraps. The changed the regular MPI1800 to MPI1800 EZ and made the film less aggresive and didn't say anything. They said it was to help with shrinkage on boat wraps in the southern states. It all fell of as soon as it hit the cold Wisconsin winter air. The covered it. Winters a comin and I'm not sure what to use.

Pat Whatley

Best. Introduction. Ever.

Just a warning...you'll get a better reception coming in telling people you poured sugar in their gas tanks than you will trying to defend satan...errr Avery.

Sites&Signs

Welcome roadrage...seen your stuff for awhile in the mags....real deal wraps....you do nice work...good to have you here, this is a great site, full of knowledgeable people, take it for what it is....

yukon

Welcome 2 Signs101! We've got lots of RoadRage here in Jersey.. Where is Springrove, anyway?

Avery did stand behind every shrunken, drunken, peeling, discolor-in job we submitted to them over the last 3 years, (maybe 30 - 50), I've got to give them that, but I am hesitant to use them unless it's a color I can't get from 3M or Oracal. And Never, Never again will I use their Reflective!!!

Welcome RageRoad :omg:

roadrage

Welcome 2 Signs101! We've got lots of RoadRage here in Jersey.. Where is Springrove, anyway?

Avery did stand behind every shrunken, drunken, peeling, discolor-in job we submitted to them over the last 3 years, (maybe 30 - 50), I've got to give them that, but I am hesitant to use them unless it's a color I can't get from 3M or Oracal. And Never, Never again will I use their Reflective!!!

Welcome RageRoad :omg:[/quote
Ya the reflective was bad. They have that fixed and the wierd discoloring is fixed. We've tested it for about 6 months now. New one for you. 3M now has problems with the adhesive staying behind on the release paper with their reflective. We test their stuff too. I'm just not as big a fan of 3M. We use more of the digital products though so some of the problems you have with cut vinyl I don't experience. Use what works, I'm not here to change anyones mind, just offer insite to information I have.

Border

After Avery raked me over the coals and then insisted that they had new improved products, I asked them (one of their top guys) to put his money where his mouth was.
I offered to be a beta tester as long as they would first provide me with a written agreement to fully cover my back and allow me to actually tell customers we were testing new improved materials before it was ever installed. So that we could document each job and the environment it was going into and how well it performed.
I told them if they would do that and could PROVE to me that their s*** was fixed, that I gladly stop bashing them and actually promote their stuff.

They declined....and so the website that they hate so much lives on!
The only thing worse than Avery vinyl is the way Avery deals with their end users. - Shameful, at best.

~Welcome aboard, rage! ~

Last edited by a moderator: