• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello

dswanson

My Name is Dave Swanson...I've been lurking here for awhile. I'm 43yrs old and I've been in the industry for 20yrs and really thought I knew it all..lol...I guess when we quit growing we rott.

I work for Dan Striker or rather I should say I work with him as he is not the type of boss to stay in the office and his hands touch every project that leaves his shop, I often find myself wondering how he gets everything done in a day that he does, needless to say I've learned more in the short time I have worked with him than I thought possible and I am beyond greatful for the opportunity to work with him.

A typical day we will do everything from working on a dimensional monument, a vehicle wrap, and even laying down some good old gold leaf and everything in between, the variety of work we put out amazes me, it is great to see something different and creative everyday. I spent many years self employed and could never imagine myself working for someone else....my only regret is that I didn't have this opportunity sooner. I can honestly say that every sign that I have seen leave this shop has made our community look better, what a change from doing anything and everything for another dollar.

Have enjoyed reading most of the posts here and look forward to helping when and if I can.:thumb:

dswanson

hey Dale, love the big squeegee or more specifically love masking with it beats all the other contraptions i have seen through the years....

dswanson

i use the big squeegee for mounting now and again and have nothing but good things to say about it, but the big time saver for me is in applying transfer tape.

Regarding Dan he has some health issues that make one day to the next a little unpredictable, honestly I wish he would just stay home as I have seen how hard it is for him to be in the shop when he is sick, but having been a business owner myself for many years I understand how hard it is to just turn things over to someone else.

...where is 'bama are you located? have we met?