• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Dark colours bleeding on our Mimaki JV3-160

Signs Xtra

Recently while printing we have experienced all our darker tones (especially in the Cyan through Black spectrum) Appear to be bleeding into each other, or as if the heads are laying down too much ink. This makes printing smaller, more detailed jobs near enough impossible (as the details all merge into each other)

To the best of our knowledge we havent changed any profiles or settings in the rip or printer but we have recently installed a bulk feed system.

If anyone has any idea as to what is causing this problem or how to rectify it i would be really gratefull.

Thanks
Ross
Signs Xtra

Robert M

Bulk

With the new bulk ink system did you go with a different ink? Sounds like you may need to change profiles. It could also be that the bulk system is increasing the ink flow and causing more ink to drop

ColesCreations

Is the bulk ink in tanks, or the original cartridges? If in tanks, you may need to lower them a bit.

Also, they do not have the exact same properties as original inks, and probably need new profiles.

particleman

Let us know if you changed inks or not? Sounds like you did.

Whenever I have seen this issue it is temperature related, increase the heat on your machine a few degrees and see if the problem gets any better. Like others have suggested if you're using the wrong profile it can also be dumping to much ink down. If you changed inks you will need a new profile for sure.

gabagoo

if you go to bulk ink on a mimaki would you not have to change ink suppliers? I don't think Mimaki has bulk ink to my knowledge.

ABBOTARTDEPT

we switched to bulk megaink about a year and a half ago. same thing happened. We had to change profiles to fit the new ink and no more bleed problem. most ink suppliers have prebuilt profiles for you.