• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Double Sided Printing on the Epson S80600

I Branding

Hey guys I have tried everything to print double sided on the new Epson S80600, and yet I still cannot match up one side to the other. Currently I am trying to print on double sided 18oz banner material. Both page A and page B have a white line going across it in the middle, I added bleed to both pages and when I flip the bleed to sew the hem the white lines in the bleed and the actual graphic don't match up. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Z SIGNS

Do like most people do and print 2 banners and sew them back to back.
I don't understand the point of trying to print double sided banners

I Branding

Thank you guys for replying to this post. I didn't think it supported double sided printing either but just wanted to ask other peoples opinions. I would like if it had an option of setting the base point on the printer itself that way I can tell it where to start printing on the other side.

The reason why I am printing double sided instead of 2 prints and then backing them up together is because we are outsourcing this project that I have and it would cost way more if I did 2 banners and backed them up to each other.

a77

It's not that hard to figure out where it prints from. Just mark the banner right in front of pinch rollers, then start a job, measure the distance and now you know that distance. Material might stretch/shrink the second time through the printer (my eperience banners that are printed don't feed well the second time through.)
The suggestion to do banners and hem them together is probably the best one.

Primera83

I print one side first (one at a time). Before I start I mark with a pen right at the cut slot. Do this before each print and give yourself about a 4 in space between prints. You can take up this side. Manually (w/ the arrow rewind the entire row. Reload to print on the other side. Put a piece of scrap vinyl or substrate on the floor so that your banner doesn't get dirty or scratched. Then fold banner without creasing to find your marks and transfer them over to the current printing. Line up your mark at the cut slot and send to print. It helps to give a little bleed on the left and right side of the print (on one side only---this helps to just trim once). When the print is finished, feed it forward some, find your next banner mark and send the next one to print (if you're printing multiple banners). I have a litt 4x2 wrapped in felt that I use to pick up the material on the floor and I start rolling it up while still leaving it the print on the warming plate. When I reach the end of the print I cut it off with scissors and just repeat. (So, I'm cutting them off as they complete. I do not put them on a take up roll or print more than one at a time (sometimes the material will walk and you'll have better results this way. This method works for me.. good luck

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Today must be bump a zombie thread day.
The Epson S80600 can print 2-sided, it Rocks for double sided banners. It's super easy too.