• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help going from design to output for printer

jfiscus

Rap Master
When you are just printing an area like a fender only:
You can create a clipping mask in illustrator and save a new file as "front curbside fender" and just print that file.
Or in photoshop you can flatten and crop the document size to that area only and save a new file.

If you are printing the whole side of a vehicle you will create your finished document of the whole side with bleed (2-3" is usual, depends a LOT on the vehicle) and allow the RIP software that you use to tile the panel.
Use a .75"-1" overlap on panels and figure out which material will give you the best yield for the tiles you can create.
In the RIP it is a good idea to have it "flip every other tile" to be sure of color consistency between panels.

texascamoman

When you are just printing an area like a fender only:
You can create a clipping mask in illustrator and save a new file as "front curbside fender" and just print that file.
Or in photoshop you can flatten and crop the document size to that area only and save a new file.

If you are printing the whole side of a vehicle you will create your finished document of the whole side with bleed (2-3" is usual, depends a LOT on the vehicle) and allow the RIP software that you use to tile the panel.
Use a .75"-1" overlap on panels and figure out which material will give you the best yield for the tiles you can create.
In the RIP it is a good idea to have it "flip every other tile" to be sure of color consistency between panels.
OK I do understand how to do the panes in my rip program and that helps to know i can do it that way. I just figured that it was more common to do it in the design software.