• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! I am sooo frustrated!

SalagoDes

I am going to try to keep it simple. I own a 24" Ioline Classic plotter that runs off a 25 pin (old school), I have upgraded over the years and recently decided to operate using Windows 7 (instead of 8) in a new HP computer with no COMM ports. So the problem is that I cannot get my Flexi Sign Pro 8.1 Production Manager to recognize the USB port. I have entered my IP address and it asks which Port number 9900 etc..??? What do I do to get the Manager to read my files to plot? I am not a techie by any means so please be specific. Hoping you genius type tech savvy pros can help me out!?

SalagoDes

ummm no I dind't see a solution, sorry Gary P. That post was from 2005, so it would not even have the same technology as we do now. It was about Desay Canada Plotters. (from experience with a 52" I do know they are VERY loud and hard to understand when calling for support. I also and had to have mine replaced... just sayin. lol) But I am concerned about being able to use my Ioline Plotter. It is an issue with Production Manager not being able to read the USB port it has been plugged into.

bikecomedy

Here's the part.. if it does not apply then sorry.. Had good intentions...

For my part, i found what the problem was. It was a comunication problem. I was runing on osx with a usb adaptor. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. Nothing to do with static and humidity and **** like that. Its was only a comunication problem, nothing else. I switched on a pc and connect via the parallel port. Works like a charm.

OldPaint

there are also comm port to USB....ADAPTERS.... available. i have older printer port connective equipment and have added printer port card to add on slot in the computer......................i now have LPT-1 & LPT-2. i also use a A&B SWITCH, for an additional printer.

TheSnowman

I had an issue like this using an adapter. I just ordered the right card that was old school but for a new computer and it worked no problem.

SalagoDes

Thanks for the help guys! Maybe buying a comm port card for the new computer is the way to go, because all these adapters linked together is crazy!

Onebadbug

I had the same thing on my Ioline as well years ago... Just find a new parallel adapter (25 pin, Ieee 1284 or Ieee1394 should work) and you should be good to go... And if your Ioline is an earlier model, especially if it is pre-USB, then definitely just get the Ieee 25 pin card and call it a day.

You can force the USB to accommodate LPT1/LPT2 locations in hardware profiles... but it is a bit risky if you are not tech savvy assigning hardware ports directly I would not attempt it...

round man

simple solution,.... buy a 9 pin to 25 pin adapter for the cable (about $10) then buy and install a io comm port card for the pc that will fit the type slot available on your motherboard (rarely over $20)=no problems since the technology hasn't changed for the past 20 years other than the type slots available on the motherboards,....I still use cables and cable/plug adapters from my 286 days from the early 1990's

Techman

about half the time the motherboard on many new computers will have a serial and or a parallel port head on the board. All you have to do is get the plugs for it. About 5 bux on ebay.

About half the time the manual will not show the ports but they will be on the motherboard all the same. I have two win 7 machines here that came with at least a parallel port header onboard. Just had ot purchase the plugs.

omgsideburns

I have purchased USB to Parallel adapters recently and they work but I could not run two of them on one computer for some reason. I switched to some siig parallel cards to run two machines off of one computer.

:corndog: