• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help in Corel 12

I had to reformat my hard drive and I can not figure out how I did this before any help will be appreciated. When you type artistic text in corel and then you click on the pick tool it does not show you the height and the width of the text. You can get that information if you convert the text to curves. I had a way of puting another box in the text tool bar that would give me that information and I can't remember what I did to bring that up on the tool bar. Can anyone help me. Thanks in advance Charlotte

Techman

its a tool bar setting
Tools/ Options/Command bars/ tick property bar
That should get you started.

Go to tools/options at the top of the screen. When the options box opens up, go to workspace/customization/command bars...put a checkmark beside "Transform".
The box you want will probably pop up on the screen floating...just drag it up to the command bar at the top of the screen and put it where you want it.

Jackpine

Joseph Dunkle There are alot of other reasons to upgrade to X3. It;s worth the price but I went from version 10 to X3.

Checkers

As much as I would like to stay on top of the latest and greatest with software, I've discovered a long time ago that it is more headaches than it's worth. So, I don't bother with upgrading until the first "service patch" is available.
If you're still at Corel 10 or 11, I would suggest that you look into Corel 12, which, right now, you can pick up for around $40 if your a smart shopper. Just be aware that it is only compatable with XP.

Checkers

Techman

I've discovered a long time ago that it is more headaches than it's worth

Not this time ol' boy. I am 100% happy with the new X3... There may be a need for a service patch.. But I sure don't see a need for one ..

Jackpine

2NinerNiner2 , I have used Corel since version 1 also. I jumped from 10 to X3......it was like warp speed. I also got a free Wacom tablet. What a deal at $149.00 and free shipping.

Checkers - We usually skip every other release but we have to agree with Techman. X3 IS different than 12, not just one or two features but all the way around.

wildside

we just went to X3 also, jumped from 8 to X3... kept crashing our computer, slammed my fist on the desk, shutter down, next morning it loves me, works like a charm, the contour tool not giving 15 billion nodes makes all the difference, oh and opening .ai files without issue...nice

wildside

Si Allen said:
Mark....don't forget the Trace in X3....the BEST that I have seen!

yes sir, i went back and re-traced some older designs that i had recreated by hand or with the corel 8 trace....i believe it would have saved at least a couple hours....one or two logo recreations and it will already pay for itself with the time savings....