• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help In Corel

gfgraphics

I HAVE DONE IT BEFORE , BUT NOT ENOUGH TO REMEMBER- HOW TO YOU FIT TEXT TEXT TO PATH ON BOTTOM OF A CIRCLE SO THAT THE TEXT IN SHAPED LIKE A SMILE? STUMPED:thankyou:

J Hill Designs

You may have to customize your toolbar to add it, but there is a place text on other side button that works as mentioned when you drag text from the top of the circle to the bottom - what version?

Jillbeans

In Corel 12, after I type the text and make the path, and click "Fit Text To path" under the Text thingie drop-down menu, and the text goes to the path, then you look and see in the toolbar which shows up next.
That toolbar allows you to select where/how the text goes. The part by the arrow in this quick pic shows where to reverse text direction.
I still suck at Corel after 4 years of trying.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• text.jpg
    text.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 156

Jillbeans

...and Corel 9 has the same feature. I think if you double-click the layout that toolbar pops up, just look for the mirrored "A" icon on the far right.

rcook99

In X3 draw your path, then your text, then go under text menu and fit-text-to-path, grap your text and drag it to your path, you will notice when it is centered as there will be a red line in the middle of the text. Once you place the text you may have to mirror or flip the text to make it appear correctly from left to right. If you look at the beginning of the text you will notice a little red diamond, grab that and it will allow you to drag the text in or out to move it off of your path. Then if you need to adjust your kerning just grab your node tool and you will see two arrows one pointing down and the other pointing to the right, just click and drag. Hope this helps

sarge

Jill .. i learned something today .. i have a work around i have been using for years .. but this was 2 frickin easy .. great tip ..and i have been using coreldraw for 14 or 15 years .. thanks so much

schramm

Great job Jill, just saw this post and I use Corel Draw X3 for everything and love it. Sometimes if you are in a pintch for a quick answer go to YouTube and there is 100s of videos that will teach you how to use it.