• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Magenta Acting Up =/

82R909

The magenta started acting up about a week ago then it stopped and the problem came back but now its dripping onto the actual print area before it would just splatter as you can see in the pic but now its getting out of control and wont let me finish this job. Anyone Please some advice.
Thanks in Advance! =]

Attachments

• Magenta.jpg
    Magenta.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 135

82R909

seems like that way what can cause it bad head? or cap or damper? but it weird cause it wasnt doing it in the print area just where the pinch rollers go but now its starting to hit the print. Any ideas?

HulkSmash

seems like that way what can cause it bad head? or cap or damper? but it weird cause it wasnt doing it in the print area just where the pinch rollers go but now its starting to hit the print. Any ideas?

I know this may sound weird but - Could it possibly be static? Ive had a problem with static from the material pulling down ink.. just a thought.

sfr table hockey

Someone is having a similar problem on another thread on a Mutoh I think.

Most times when you get a blob of ink fall out it could be a couple things.

If fuzz or a hair is stuck on the head and is catching some of the spray of ink from the head and it will build up until it gets a drop heavy enough to drop off and most times is on the sides when the head starts in the other direction.

The other things could be an air leak in the head. Either the damper is not sealing tight on the nib of the print head or there is a crack in that nib on the print head. There again will most times fall out on the edges of the print. If you ever remove a damper from a head while the head is not parked you will see the head drip because you have removed the damper (or the vaccume) that the damper provided.

If the heads can sit parked for a long time ( few hrs ) and when you print a test print, you might see missing spots on the test print till you do a cleaning and refill the print head. If this is so then that may be the issue.

82R909

By "grounding" my machine do you guys mean drilling a huge copper rod into the ground? Or what kind of differnet grounding methods are out there?

InkjetAuction

My guess is what table hockey posted...
It's most likely something hanging from the magenta head.

You have to get up under there with a good blue or red led flashlight to see if there's some light fibers hanging there. That's probably the issue... especially if you see the same phenomenon on both sides of the print.

Doubt that it's static... static issues don't look like that. However if you are interested in an anti-static solution, look here: www.stopstatic.com

I have successfully used the static elastics to arrest static on VersaCAMMs in very dry environments.

For what it's worth...

~E