• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me with my genesys 6400 machine

shevvy

Hello I just bought a used Geneys machine , this machine was not in use for over two years because it needed a print head, now I have bought the print head and change all the dampers and getting an error message sayin error due to an excessive current of X motor was detected or an excessive current of Y motor was detected, I have turn off the machine, unplug it and still getting that message do you have any idea what I can do

rjssigns

Take off machine covers and have a look at the motors. Could be a screw, washer etc... that has jammed the gears.

If that doesn't work unscrew the drive motor, (leave it plugged in) prop it up away from any gears or wiring then see if it runs. You may get a humming noise, but no motion.

Sometimes motors not being used will get some light corrosion on the inside that stops them.
Since you're in Jamaica it makes me question where it was stored. Lots of humid salt air can cause a host of issues.

shevvy

Genesys 6400

I am so happy to get a reply from you, I have told my husband who is the machine operator what you have said he is going to try what you said and see if it works. I am so happy to get a response. I will keep you up to date. Once again, I appreciate your response.

Shevvy