• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Need advice for HOT TEMPERATURES and storage of Printer

MakeMyGraphic

So our Condo recently got flooded by our upstairs neighbor.... it only flooded an area that is nowhere near my main plotter at the moment, my BN-20.

We are currently forced to stay at a hotel due to our condo having several dehumidifiers running simultaneously, on day 1 and 2 I noticed temperatures at our house going up to 96 degrees. I see that the specs for the BN-20 state that temperatures for the machine RUNNING should be no more than 90 degrees.

and with the machine OFF or not running it looks like 104

unfortunately just NOW we came back home to check on my equipment and I saw the temperature had risen to 106 degrees. F***!!! I have no idea if this is safe any longer, the machine has been exposed to temperatures 96+ degrees now for 2.5 days I really do NOT want to move it since it is in a very inconvenient place but If this trend continues I have no idea what the eminent dangers are of having my machine sit here in this condo with these insanely high temperatures. Anyone out there experience anything similar? can anyone tell me what happens to Printers when they sit in this type of insanely high temperature? :( I am worried but am not sure if my worry is justified or not. Please advise!!! Thank you so much!

kffernandez

if it was my roland SC-540 printer that was involved, i'd probably would want to drain the inks from the heads/lines, and move all consumables including spare inks offsite. other than that, i think the electronics and actual machine should be able to take the heat. moisture is the one that usually kills the machine electronics. short of reaching temperatures that could actually melt parts of your machine, you should be ok. but that's just me and my logic.

kelly

S

spmracing

If something goes bad, write it off through the insurance as I assume you're using that for the flood damage?

MakeMyGraphic

Thanks guys. Well, as soon as I made this thread my Boyfriend decided to just help me move the plotter. I am only 4'9" so it's not just a TINY plotter sorry :) still quite bulky for myself to move alone, so thank goodness my BF helped me. The wipers had thick slimy dry ink on them when I ran cleaner mode soooo yeah... our condo is currently being dried and has massive holes cut out of the ceiling now. I appreciate those of you who got back to me quickly and apologize that I was unable to respond until today. The upstairs guy's insurance will cover the damages to the building but our insurance has to cover for whatever further damages there are... fortunately all I lost so far were just 3 fancy salt water shrimps... other than that my business is safe :)