• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help Needed

cbPlotter

Hi everyone,

I have trouble cutting vinyl with my Summa d60s,
new Blade,
new strap, I attach a video, so you can understand better my issue.
Basically the issue is that during a vertical cut in one direction when cutting the sheet is being lifted by the Blade, resulting in bad cuts,
that's happening only when I try to cut the first 15 cm of the vinyl, I think after that length the weight of the vinyl helps the "lifting" problem.
here is the Video.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion.

FrankW

You have the knife holder for the 60 degree knife installed? You cut vinyl with a 60 degree knife? Is the knife depth correctly set?

cbPlotter

Hi Frank,
yes, I use a 60° knife to cut the vinyl as recommended by the producer of the vinyl, should I try using my other knives (45°), or other degree knife?
Is the knife depth correctly set? -- How can I make sure that the knife depth is set correctly?
Currently I'm cutting Vinyl using 105g of knife pressure with 0,98 offset, don't know if it helps.

cbPlotter

So, little Update that is not even an update,

Mistakenly, I referred to the Material that I was trying to cut as “Vinyl”,
What I am trying to cut is called “3M Scotchlite Reflective Material”,
is a reflective material that is applied to clothing using a high temperature press machine.
Sorry for the mistake.

unmateria

Hi! Its easy to fix in that machine... Just open the left cover and give a little more torque to the prisoner screws on both small pulleys. Thats all!! And make sure the bearings on the knife is ok and rotating easily! (And the knife perfect sharp of course)

cbPlotter

Hola unmateria,
Thanks for the tip, I opened the cover and that is what I found under it (Images Plotter1 and Plotter2).
What should I tighten?

Attachments

• Plotter1.jpg
    Plotter1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Plotter2.jpg
    Plotter2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 79

bigben

I have de D160R, so basically the same machine. It look like your blade is not turning well in the holder. remove the blade holder and take off the blade. Blow some air because it could have some debris in the blade holder. Reassemble everything, adjust the blade length correctly and try again. Make some test on different material to see if you have the same problem.

cbPlotter

The screw is missing :eek::oops:, I'll ask in the company if we can find something that will fit.
Hi bigben, the blade was already new and the holder already cleaned,
the Plotter cut perfectly with the 45° blade, (we use the 45° blade to cut on normal paper, vinyl, and normal high temperature printing film for clothes).
How can I make sure that the length of the blade is correct on the 60° blade?
We have 2 holders: one in gold color, the one that you see on the video, for the 60° blade, and a plastic one for the 45° blade,
they should have the same blade length?
I will upload a picture of our holders with blades in it.

Attachments

• Holders.jpg
    Holders.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 75

cbPlotter

Update,
the screw was there, all the way in, so deep that I was not able to see it, no way it can be tightened more,
our engineer advised me to try to find new belts and rotors as they are old and can cause some sort of "skipping" thus bad cutting,
I will update the post again if something happen,
someone knows a reliable shop for Summa spare parts in Germany?

MrDav3C

We have used digi print supplies for a number of spares / consumables for our Roland SP540v. They are a legitimate company & we have found Hugo from digi print supplies to be very helpful & knowledgeable at times. Haven't used them in a few years though as their level of service / delivery wasn't always as good as it used to be, but yes it's a genuine website & business

cbPlotter

Thanks for the answer MrDav3c, unfortunatelly we were unable to find this parts elsewere,
We will order the parts and hope for the best.