• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Opening File

J Hill Designs

I always keep fonts editable in my AI source file. In the case of logos specifically, I rarely have a font that isn't converted to outlines and heavily edited. Most fonts have sloppy lines that are not conducive to clean, polished logos. I also like to give our clients something original. Not just a font selection for a logo.

I digress.

While my source file remains editable, anything I send out to the client or another designer is going to have all fonts converted to outlines and saved as a vector PDF. That is the closest thing to a "universal" method to share vector files whether they are using AI, CDR or even Flexi. Also, clients can easily view it with a simple PDF viewer like Acrobat.

Other added benefits...

PDF will be a much smaller file size than EPS.

PDF will retain color profile assignments while EPS files do not.
agreed. 'true vector' pdf (ie everything except for raster elements are a path) is extremely program independent, until you start adding gradients and transparencies (read: dropshadows) into the mix