• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please!!!!!!!

jenrood

I got my Roland pc-60 today and what a NIGHTMARE 1st the brackett that holds the blade holder is broken off of the printhead. Is there a way to fix that????
2nd is there a way to lock the printhead where it doesnt move while it is being shipped? If so how do you unlock it? If not the printhead wont move, when I turn the printer on it sounds like it is trying to line up but does not move.
:Coffee: :Coffee:

VinylCraft

sandblast_dude said:
Ebay items can go both ways I guess... (Sometimes good/Sometimes bad)

I hear ya on that. You must research the item and ask LOTS of questions. I Have over 450 transactions on ebay and have had a few probs but all and all one of my best by far is THE SHEETER used 2 times for $460 all said and done VERY nice product. But You really need to do your research for for you buy.

jenrood

I thought I did research the seller had 100% feedback and 188 was the score. I guess you never know. I will still use ebay for things that aren't important but not for equipment that is.

VinylCraft

Well if he doesn't want to take care of the problem give him Neg Feedback ALOT of prople only care about the 100%

Sorry i know this isn't helping you much but.

Pro Image

sounds like a trip to Roland is the only awnser for your PC-60...................They can fix it but its going to cost ya...........

WVB

Did you pay with Paypal? Also what does the auction listing say exactly. If there is no mention of any damage you have a case. Also you are guaranteed with Paypal for things such as this. Been there done that. Bought a collector item and when I got it the majority of the box was crushed. There excuse was we only guarantee the items inside the box and not the box iteself. Well I contacted Paypal they told me to mail it back and provide them with a receipt. Got my money back but I am sure the people who sold it to me were pissy.. Oh well.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I didn't answer earlier.

Usually when shipping the small PC models, the head and carriage assembly are pushed off to the side where the cleaning bar is located, wedged in with Styrofoam and taped well into place.

From what you’re describing with the sounds, it sounds like it might’ve been packed properly, but you must’ve forced something to move either mechanically or by hand force before being really ready to move. It doesn’t take much to break plastic parts that are holding other plastic parts in place. They won’t take a lot of abuse. Take a picture and post it.

Here’s one in total running condition. :thumb:

:cool1: For all of you solvent and mild solvent owners out there, we just ran a boat load of spot color decals on chrome vinyl and quite a few decals of white lettering on clear and some other dark color vinyls today. Total time was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Total of 4 ribbons. We’re getting about $365.00. Files were totally prepared and ready to go. LOL… Try that on your big machines... :biggrin: :Big Laugh :biggrin:

Attachments

• PC-60-blade-and-carriage.jpg
    PC-60-blade-and-carriage.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 209

jenrood

Gino said:
Sorry I didn't answer earlier.

Usually when shipping the small PC models, the head and carriage assembly are pushed off to the side where the cleaning bar is located, wedged in with Styrofoam and taped well into place.

From what you’re describing with the sounds, it sounds like it might’ve been packed properly, but you must’ve forced something to move either mechanically or by hand force before being really ready to move. It doesn’t take much to break plastic parts that are holding other plastic parts in place. They won’t take a lot of abuse. Take a picture and post it.

Here’s one in total running condition. :thumb:

:cool1: For all of you solvent and mild solvent owners out there, we just ran a boat load of spot color decals on chrome vinyl and quite a few decals of white lettering on clear and some other dark color vinyls today. Total time was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Total of 4 ribbons. We’re getting about $365.00. Files were totally prepared and ready to go. LOL… Try that on your big machines... :biggrin: :Big Laugh :biggrin:

Thank you, the part that is broken is metal. When we got the printer we looked it over before we turned it on. It got shipped with no power cord or printer cable, I guess to slow us down from realising it was broken. We used our cords from plotter. We did not see the cutting tool so my husband took the black plastic cover off. still no cutting tool & it wasnt in the box it was shipped in. When he removed the plastic part he felt a jagad edge on the metal. Then we knew we had been ripped off. So we plugged it up to see if atleast it would print. Nothing, so he took the top off to look and found the cutting tool holder. still dont know why printhead wont move. The printhead was on the left side where the cleaning pad is but not secured in any way. could that be the reason its not working??

Attachments

• 08-18-06_1843.jpg
    08-18-06_1843.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 08-18-06_1845.jpg
    08-18-06_1845.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

jenrood

TVG said:
Did you pay with Paypal? Also what does the auction listing say exactly. If there is no mention of any damage you have a case. Also you are guaranteed with Paypal for things such as this. Been there done that. Bought a collector item and when I got it the majority of the box was crushed. There excuse was we only guarantee the items inside the box and not the box iteself. Well I contacted Paypal they told me to mail it back and provide them with a receipt. Got my money back but I am sure the people who sold it to me were pissy.. Oh well.....

I dont know if I am supposed to cut and paste ebay info in here or not but I will delete seller info when I do. I have already filed a claim with paypal they only cover up to $1000 so I asked for $1000 to cover costs to fix printer winning bid $2777 plus S&H totaled around $3000 for a busted printer.

ROLAND PC-60 PC 60 PRINTER PLOTTER CUTTER W/INK LIKENEW

ROLAND PC-60 PC 60 PRINTER PLOTTER CUTTER W/INK LIKENEWItem number:
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
statusCheck_28x28.gif
s.gif
This item has been paid through PayPal. Payment was sent to: on Aug-09-06.
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif

View larger picture
s.gif
s.gif
Winning bid:US $2,777.00 Ended:Aug-08-06 19:40:18 PDTShipping costs:CalculateShips to:United StatesItem location:Beggs, Oklahoma, United StatesHistory:Winning bidder:jenrood
s.gif
( 37
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
)
s.gif
You can also: Email to a friend | Sell one like this
Listing and payment details: HideShowStarting time:Aug-01-06 19:40:18 PDTStarting bid:US $2,500.00Payment methods:PayPal (preferred),Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods acceptedSee details
s.gif
s.gif
Meet the sellerSeller:
s.gif
Feedback:100% PositiveMember:since May-21-01 in United States
bullet.gif
Read feedback comments
bullet.gif
Ask seller a question
s.gif
bullet.gif
Add to Favorite Sellers
bullet.gif
View seller's other items
Buy safely1. Check the seller's reputationScore: 188 | 100% Positive
Read feedback comments2. Learn how you are protected
logoPayPal_58x16.gif
Free PayPal Buyer Protection.
See eligibility
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Description
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Item Specifics - Item Condition[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Condition: [/FONT]Used

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
This auction is for a used Roland PC-60 Printer/Cutter. This is used, but in excellent condition. We used this machine exclusively in our graphics business until we upgraded to a large format solvent printer, which you can see in the background of the picture. This printer is excellent for a start-up shop or as a back-up printer. It prints quite well for both small and large projects.
ROLAND PC60 DETAILS:
There’s nothing quite like the brilliant ColorCAMM PRO. It prints six colors at 600 dpi for vivid color and photo quality on vinyl, then contour cuts, too. Perfect for peel and stick decals, signs, awards, heat-transfers, vehicle graphics and much more. Choose from resin ribbons in CYMK plus spot colors, including silver and gold for output that has superior outdoor durability - without lamination! Wax ribbons are also available for heat-transfer designs. And Roland’s legendary engineering and cutting technology means perfect contour cuts every time.
ZERONINE PIGMENT INK DETAILS:

ZeroNine's new Pigment Ink is a great all-around inkjet ink that provides incredible value to signmakers & graphic professionals. ZeroNine Pigment Ink is superior to dye ink when it comes to color durability and water resistance. ZeroNine Pigment Ink is perfect for outdoor signage, printing on banner material, canvas, matte or glossy inkjet coated papers, or on inkjet coated vinyl. You can count on ZeroNine to bring you the best value in inkjet ink cartridges.
This auction also includes the following Zero Nine ink cartridges:
New: 3-Process Magenta; 4-Process Cyan; 4-Process Black; 1-Process Yellow; 1-Spot Royal Blue; 6-Spot Brite Red; 4-Spot Brite Orange; 2-Spot Reflex Blue
Partial: 2-Spot Royal Blue; 1-Spot Reflex Blue; 2-Spot Brite Orange; 3- Spot Green; 1-Spot Silver
Wax Ribbons: 1-Magenta; 1-Black; 1-Cyan; 1-Yellow
The cost of the ink ribbons alone is over $400!
We recently changed our user ID, but don't let that keep you from bidding, as we changed our account from individual to business. Our feedback is excellent...only one negative from an unreputable ebayer who is no longer trading on ebay.
Please email with any questions or if you would like to see more pictures of projects we've done with this printer.
Please do not bid if you don't intend to pay. Payment must be made within 3 days of end of auction. Payment by Paypal only. Shipping determined by winning bidders location.
Happy Bidding!

Jen,

Have you spoken with the seller? If not, you should see what Roland gets to refurb the unit. Take the $1000 from PayPal, and apply that. Ask/demand the seller pay the difference.

Just reading the actual EBay listing, this guy comitted fraud, which etitles you to some legal remedies (if you care to). There is nothing in the listing that says "as is". Even if it was a packaging issue - it is their problem.

It will take a lot of screaming and yelling, but you should fare okay.

Good luck.

jenrood

I have spoken to the seller on the phone and she says there is no way it could have been broken before she shipped it, she said she would give me a refund if I return it the way she says she sent it (that means she refuses to give me a refund). The cutting tool is so dull and used up that I think she probably set the pressure so high to get it to cut instead of changing the blade and it snapped. The setting on the side of the printer for pen force was set on max. That is what I believe happened.:help:

Last question. Via PayPal - did you debit the bank account or the credit card? If it is the bank account, you may try and see if the bank can assist, although doubtful. If it was the credit card - file a complaint/protest immediately. Photograph everything, and document all conversations. The CC company will charge it back to PayPal - PayPal will have no alternative but to go after the seller.

jenrood

Pro Signs & Graphix said:
Last question. Via PayPal - did you debit the bank account or the credit card? If it is the bank account, you may try and see if the bank can assist, although doubtful. If it was the credit card - file a complaint/protest immediately. Photograph everything, and document all conversations. The CC company will charge it back to PayPal - PayPal will have no alternative but to go after the seller.

Paid with bank account. I guess my only hope is for paypal to rule in my favor so I am not totally out the cost of repairs. Thanks for your input.