• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! So confused. Need recommendation for CNC Router / Table

letterworks

Premium Subscriber
Just to add to this, I would go with Avid CNC kits over shopbot. Shopbot, to me, is a little too quirky and happy to kling to it's hobby roots. And you have to assemble them anyways and the AVID pro line is just better parts and probably within your budget but a little more DIY.

However, if you need to use multiple tools *at all* then forget any kit style and look for an ATC used as you will never regret having one.

letterworks

Premium Subscriber
AKM1325C1 is a basic ATC cnc router, which can not only meet the needs of auto tool-changing, but also has a very cheap price. AKM1325C1 with 9.0KW ATC spindle and 8pcs linear type auto tool changers, while improving production efficiency, it can also save labor costs, which is suitable for mass production.
Basic configuration:
9KW ATC Air Cooling Spindle
Auto Tool Magazine
Mach3 Controller
Leadshine Easy Servo Motor
Helical Gear and Rack Transmission
5.5KW Air Vacuum Pump
3.0KW Double Bags Dust Collector
Rotary Axis
Optional:
Disc Tool Changer
Cutting Saw
Italy HSD ATC Spindle
Horizontal Spindle
Boring Unit View attachment 156547
"Mach3" in the specs, syntec control in the pictures. Amateur.

SignEST

no response

Sounds about what you're looking for. Light duty, simple movements and you have your own Homeless Depot router. Building your own is not worth it unless you're some sort of a CNC genius. Assembling the kit should be doable for anyone.

signdudegraphix

We’re a mobile shop doing mostly wraps and signs, but have recently gotten requests for letters cut out of ACM. We purchased a Shaper Origin from shapertools.com. It works great for small jobs, but wouldn’t recommend it for a production shop. We’re considering the yeti smart bench from yeti tools because we need the portability.

signdudegraphix

We bit the bullet and got the yeti Smartbench precision pro from digital woodcarver. After a bit of a learning curve, with the V-Carve Pro software and the Smartbench, we are getting fantastic results with cutting 6mm MaxMetal with wrap vinyl applied. Very accurate machine and you can cut edge to edge on a 4x8 sheet.

Attachments

• 66E6D54E-8DCA-42F3-B27A-F28A0498034E.jpeg
    66E6D54E-8DCA-42F3-B27A-F28A0498034E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 142
  • D0E33588-C8BB-4D7F-835B-468025CDA2FB.jpeg
    D0E33588-C8BB-4D7F-835B-468025CDA2FB.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 132