• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Vinyl Cutter Cutting Slightly Larger- Roland VP300I Versacamm & US Cutter SC2

SignCraze

Hello,

New around here. Hope this is a good place for this. Hoping to be educated on this issue. I design in Illustrator and export to Sure Cuts A Lot Pro v4. I have a US Cutter SC2 vinyl cutter. On larger cuts (shapes) it tends to be slightly larger than the file, doesn't appear to be an issue with smaller cuts (shapes). I was able to adjust the X & Y offset to 98 from the 100 default. Even though at 100 if would cut a 1"x1" square perfect to size. There is no other calibration within the software or cutter that I am aware of. This seems to be the only fix I can achieve but it is not exact but reducing the offset any further would likely make smaller cuts (shapes) smaller than intended. I recently acquired a VP-300I printer cutter. Thought I wouldn't have this issue. I have spent some time with it and although all calibrations and functions are spot on when printing and cutting it appears to do the same thing with longer cuts (shapes) being slightly larger than designed when only cutting vinyl. Being that both machines have the same behavior it leads me to believe that its within my files. Essentially what I am doing is printing art and then cutting certain shapes within the art from decorative vinyl and using clear mask to layer over top. .5 stroke set to center saved to EPS for versaworks. For the SC2 I have a plugin script to send from AI to Sure Cuts A lot. I have not tried setting the stroke to the inside, maybe that's the issue? Hoping some people with more experience than myself can help me out here. Thanks in advance.

SignCraze

Yikes! 155 views and not even a thought. Anyone know of a cutter forum that this may be better suited for? Thanks!

Attila Nagy

On SCAL or EasyCut these settings can be used to calibrate size.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 194

SignCraze

Thank you for your reply. I have adjusted both of these to 98. However at 100 it cut a 1" square perfect to size. larger cuts are still larger than designed, but closer to the designed dimensions. If I adjust them any lower it will likely make smaller cuts too small. Being that both The cutter and my printer/cutter exhibit the same behavior using 2 different softwares. it leads to me believe that there is something else causing this. And this occurs on every project I do these "overlays" on. So its not just one particular design.

SignCraze

Sorry, meant 1.000. I am just stumped as both machines do the same thing. I was hoping this was just an issue the SCAL or the SC2. I was hoping the VP-300I wouldn't have this issue.

SignCraze

Rjssigns I tried that also. Doesn't seem to do anything. The only thing That changes when doing that is within VersaWorks, it changes the overall dimensions but I assume that is due to VersaWorks having one less decimal value than AI but doesn't seem to change the cut size.