• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! Vinyl cutter information needed

Tony562

One question for all I have a chance to pick up a Roland CX-24 for $450 or a Roland GX-24 with a little vinyl and extras for 1500 or a Stika sv15 with extras for 800. Keep In mind im on a budget leaning towards the CX any thoughts?

Also what are you thoughts on the ProCut Contour 2400?

OldPaint

STICKA IS CRAP........CX or GX ......24 , is only a difference in model years....and i think one can read crop marks and the other cant.....so no biggy for cutting vinyl. CX or GX 24, is the entry level ROLAND. i think when new they go for $!500-2000. i have a CX-300, the professional level 30" cutter. all i have ever owned was rolands......and i cut direct from corel.......nothing else needed.

Tony562

Thanks man yeah from what i can tell the GX has a optical registration system that reads crop marks but I was told that there is a way to dothis on the CX also. What do you think as far as the price ( Used CX-24 for $450 and GX-24 with a little vinyl and extras for 1,500.00) .

MikePro

Garbage. For a couple hundred more you can find a bigger,newer, more advanced/trusted brand like mimaki or graphitec

BESTBLANKS

Roland or Graphtec Vinyl Cutters

One question for all I have a chance to pick up a Roland CX-24 for $450 or a Roland GX-24 with a little vinyl and extras for 1500 or a Stika sv15 with extras for 800. Keep In mind im on a budget leaning towards the CX any thoughts?

Also what are you thoughts on the ProCut Contour 2400?

Hi, Perhaps we can help. Both Roland and Graphtec are well built vinyl cutters and are widely respected brands. If you want a cutter that is a bit more universal (ie: has better down force pressure) the Graphtec CE6000-60 Vinyl Cutter is an excellent choice. It can cut all vinyls and stencil materials for things like rhinestone templates, etc.

Please see these links for more info:
http://www.bestblanks.com/graphtec.html
http://www.bestblanks.com/vinylcutters.html

If we can be of further help please give us a call 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.bestblanks.com

OldPaint

FOR $450.......YOU ARE better off.......been doing this since 1992......and think in al that tie i have used crop marks couple times...so its not worth the extra money. as for $1500 for plotter and misc vinyl...........like i said new ROLAND IS $1800-2000.....SO THE MISC STUFF aint worth the extra money.

Tony562

Really appreciate all the info its been a really helpfull .....well I went to meet the guy to pick roland cx and turns out it needed repair so it wasnt for me .... good news is I found a local distributor and got what I think is a good deal on brand new graphtec ce6000-60 for $1600 out the door so all in all im happy I waited.

Also on of my buddies had an old graphtec fc2100 in his garage and gave it to me so now I have two plotter lol he also gave me some vinly.

So in the end I lucked out I guess patience is a virtue.

Thanks to all again.