• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Corel 11

evader

I'm not sure how to explain this so I posted some pictures below. The first picture is how corel files are supposed to look on your desktop. The second picture is how they look on my desktop. They still open alright, but they just don't look like they are supposed to.

I know it's not a really big deal since they still open properly, however I don't want to accidently delete something thinking the file is no good.

Can anyone help me get them back to the way they are supposed to look?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 182
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 162

evader

when I do that it just opens up the file...there is no option to choose use this choice everytime...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
when I do that it just opens up the file...there is no option to choose use this choice everytime...

You have to select "Choose Program..." at the bottom of the 'Open With...' popup the you invoked by right-clicking the file icon. This brings up another dialog where you can choose the program to use as well as specify to always use this program for this type of file.

evader

That opens the file in corel...which it does if I just double click on the file...but it doesn't change the icon for the file. :help:

anothersign

Is this only on local computer?

Is this only on a local computer or on a network? i have seen this same problem but only on a nework with a VPN connection but never had that problem when running 1 pc.

evader

It's windows xp and it's on a network...but everything is alright with the other system on the network

signage

OK what you need to do is check to see if the file on the XP machine is save with a thumbnail. Or try and create a new file and make sure you save it with a thumbnail. Hope this helps.