• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help with Flexi on Mac

StevieB

Been running Flexi on an old PowerMac G4... that died, disk drive clicking
will my Mac Flexi Dongle work with a different working PowerMac G4 or is it specific only to the dead Mac?

all files are saved to a public network... can I get an older PC version to import/open those old Mac files?

FrankW

The dongle will work with another compatible Mac, and with the same version of Flexi on Windows too, as long as the dongle is USB, and not ADB. But it will be difficult to find installation files. What version was your last one?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
why don't you spend $50 & buy a hard drive?
this is a minor inconvenience, (probably more so because you don't have any customer files backed up?)

buy a hard drive, spend 2-3 hours reloading everything AND BUY AN EXTERNAL BACKUP DRIVE

depps74

Been running Flexi on an old PowerMac G4... that died, disk drive clicking
will my Mac Flexi Dongle work with a different working PowerMac G4 or is it specific only to the dead Mac?

all files are saved to a public network... can I get an older PC version to import/open those old Mac files?
I went through this years ago. Not sure what your doing or what machine your using to cut, but I ended up buying a Graphtec only for the versatile and amazing software Cutmaster. ITs a plugin for illustrator so you can click and cut. Lots of users on here use it, maybe you know of it. Just a note to say I love MACS too and in this seemingly PC industry Cutmaster bridges that divide but you'll have to have a Graphtec as it does not work with other brand plotters.