• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Font ID Needed

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I need some help with identifying a typeface that looks very familiar, but isn't really. It looks kind of like a cross between Times and Century Schoolbook but with more of a slab serif feel. At first I thought someone merely artificially thickened Times to make it look more bold, but that's not really it. This is just a different typeface.

The attached image is from a customer supplied photo taken with a crummy phone, hence the low resolution. It certainly wasn't high enough to use at MyFonts "what the font" tool.

TIA for any help.

Attachments

• Restroom.jpg
    Restroom.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 50

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I, too, thought at first it was some variant of Times or Times New Roman with a stroke applied to it. The characters in Times are just too different.

Actually, Georgia Bold is the nearest match I have found to the typeface used on that Restroom sign. There's just some very slight differences though. The loop on the "R" in Georgia seems a tiny bit wider. The "M" also seems wider as well. When I add a stroke to lettering set in Georgia is looks even closer, but I still don't think it's a dead-on match.