• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with jv3 160sp

Marty6022

Hi all first of all my names marty I'm new here, I run a sign company in Melbourne Australia, I recently bought a jv3 160sp from one of my friends who knew nothing about them, I have about 30 cartridges for them but all expired, I read you can reset the carts back to new by removing the battery on the main board, I tried this but failed, I also read that on firmware 5.50 they have added security so users can't reset the clock is this true?

In in a nutshell what I'm looking for is either to reset the ink carts, or find a CISS or refillable cart unit with chips! I've looked everywhere, most sell without chips, any help would be good, cheers.

Marty6022

you removed the battery under the firewire board and it did not reset to 2001?

Yes that's correct pulled the battery, then put it back in nothing's changed, mind you the printer isn't hooked up to any pc or network, it keeps telling me the cartridges are 'X' can you confirm what model number battery these machines use, mine has a 2032.

i have tried the battery thing several times even left the machine unplugged over night and tried it.

once I pull the battery and reinsert it it comes up asking what type of carts I have then once I select ss2 it comes up with the 'X' s.

i don't know what to do? Any suggestions?

artbot

it's been so long, i can't remember the whole cartridge thing. do you have a manual and a service manual? if not pm me your email address and i'll get one out to you. you might be fine. just need to move forward.

Marty6022

This issue has been fixed, how it started was we started a head wash accidentally without the wash carts powered the machine off then got stuck at the set a cartridge screen, thanks for your help anyways.

Magnetsandprint

Not detecting cartridges

I have also just bought a second hand machine (Mimaki JV3 160SP) that had been in storage with the heads & lines flushed. I inserted the ink cartridges and and it is displaying select ink type. I am selecting the correct ink as previously used (bulk ink feed) inks are full and have replaced chips (which are supposed to be new).
It is still displaying insert ink??
I have tried removing inks and powering down etc. Its not detecting the cartridges.
Do the chips time out? Even if new??

Marty6022

SHUT DOWN the JV3
PRESS key "<" ">" AT THE SAME TIME when Powering on the machine
When the device ready, PRESS KEY "END" 1 time.
Enter into into menu"SYSTEM PARAMETRE"
Choose and enter"Ink 1 parametre".
Look for Item 93 and change the value "3" to "0"
Exit and choose the ink type you want shows on the LCD.
After been choosen, The device will advice you to insert the cartridges. Disregard it and shut down the device directly.
REpeat steps 1> ...6> but this time change value "0" to "3".
After set, the device will ask you to insert the cartridges.
insert the proper cartridge.

Magnetsandprint

Mimaki JV3 160sp - setting up colour profiles and input profiles.

I am in the process of setting up rasterlink pro2 for a JV3 160sp.
Its a fresh install.

Am having trouble with setting up the colour profiles and input profiles.
Just not sure where to place them in the computer directory when setting up??

Thanks
Gavin.

Will Guinter

Marty6022 Know this is a old post, But I did what you said with "Ink 1 Par" . After doing all this my printer now shows ink levels " - " except the second Magenta shows "9"

Any help with this???

Last edited: