• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Lynx s-60 plotter

rudedogsigns

I recently bought a used Lynx s-60 plotter and haven't been able to send anything to the plotter.

I have Lxi software 6.6 and I'm running XP.

I know there are new drivers you can download from signwarehouse, but I don't know what to do with them.

As for as I can tell I have everything set up and connected correctly but the jobs just seems to stay in the Production Manager at 0%.

Can someone help me please, I've been trying to get this to work for about a week. I'm going crazy.

Techman

cant help ya myself,, not enuf info here. also its not a standard cutter so its out of my realm.. I understand it uses some reverse hpg code.. not sure...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That's not a whole lot of information but...

Since you report that the job shows 0% progress I can assume the following [if it says 'waiting', 'holding', anything but 0%, then these assumptions might not be warranted]...

You've created a setup for this plotter in Production Manager.

This setup is active. As in it has a check in the box by its name.

You have 'Send Now' selected in the cut/plot dialog when you sent the job. Or you have "hold" set and have tried to send the job from the Production Manager.

What's happening at this point is that the software has sent some data to what it thinks is the plotter and it's patiently waiting for some sort of a response. The plotter is sitting there waiting for data that either is not arriving or it's not responding. Hence the 0% progress.

The possibilities, in descending order of probability, might be:

1. You have the wrong interface and/or driver specified in the cutter's Production Manager setup.

2. The plotter is not on line, loaded with media, and ready to receive commands.

3. You're using the serial interface and an RS232C cable with the send/receive pins, pins 2 and 3 if dim memory serves, either swapped or not swapped contrary to what this hookup requires.

4. Your plotter is broken.

5. Your computer is broken.

6. You are accursed.

I'm giving good odds on number 1, a fraudulent configuration.

Kenny

I have the same version of LXI, but I'm not at the office....couple questions: Can you do a test plot? Is your PC comunicating with the cutter?

If so, when you select "Cut/Plot" and the cut/plot dialog comes up, under the "General" tab there is a drop-down box (I think below "Material") with options to "Hold jobs" or "Send now"...make sure "Send Now" is selected.

Other than that, as was said before, need some more info.

Oops...Bob beat me to it.:Big Laugh

sullosau

Ive got a bobcat b60 which uses (apparently) same emulation as the Lynx (ithink) hows yours connected usb or lpt1? I couldnt get mine to work thru usb, threw that cable aay and worked first time on lpt1 port.
Steve

SteadyBenny

LXi 6.6 is only compatible with Win 2000 and older. I passed on a cheap copy when i verified this with Signwarehouse a few months ago.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
SteadyBenny said:
LXi 6.6 is only compatible with Win 2000 and older. I passed on a cheap copy when i verified this with Signwarehouse a few months ago.

Nonsense. It works just fine with XP.

If the squad at Sign Warehouse told you any different then that merely is more evidence confirming what I already know; that there isn't one of them that knows their ass from a hot biscuit.

Blazingsun

SteadyBenny said:

This is nonsence My works fine On XP..

Need to make sure the Cutter is set up in the print manager..and make sure you have the right port selected..

Does the Job Say Hold or Ready?

SteadyBenny

Blazingsun said:
This is nonsence My works fine On XP..

Need to make sure the Cutter is set up in the print manager..and make sure you have the right port selected..

Does the Job Say Hold or Ready?

I got this info straight from Signwarehouse. So I passed on LXi 6.6 (one above Apprentice version) for only $300 on their word. They could be wrong and I could have let a good deal slip away. I know that's what they told me however.

Blazingsun

Then Im going to have to agree with Bob that they don't Know there @ss from a hot biscuit, Ive been running 6.6 on XP for a little over a year now with No problems..(prior years was 2000)

Thats a shame that you lost the deal because they don't know there own software....at $300 Bucks for the expert verison that is a sweet deal..