• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mimaki Cutter (CJV30-130)

108 Designs

Hi there,

This is my first post so please bare with me..haha, sorry if it's in the wrong section.

I am using a Mimaki CJV30-130 with Finecut 8 and RasterLink Pro 5SG

Basically what I want to do is cut but with the heater on, the 'Heater off' box is un-checked in the cut condition in Rasterlink..

What I do is print onto vinyl, then I laminate, then cut. Time gap between Printing and Cutting is about 40 minutes

When I Cut immediately after print, the heater stays on, this problem only occurs when I print, take the media out of the machine then laminate and place back into the machine to cut

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

ironchef

On the printers panel, before you start cutting and before you press remote, press the heater button on top right, itll go into the heater settings and then you go up or down, left and right to adjust the heaters.

ironchef

This button

Attachments

• image-3422447100.jpg
    image-3422447100.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 101

108 Designs

This button

Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure I have done this but I will try it again today..

If I remember correctly, the last time I did this it would heat up fine, and as soon as it started to cut the constant lights would go out and it would cool down..

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

108 Designs

On the printers panel, before you start cutting and before you press remote, press the heater button on top right, itll go into the heater settings and then you go up or down, left and right to adjust the heaters.

yeah this didn't work.. :-(

I think you might have miss-understood my question, I want to have the heater ON whilst cutting, not printing.

To access the heater settings you must be in print mode anyway, if you press that button whilst in cut mode it gives you an option to send the cut head back.

Thanks a lot though I really appreciate the reply.

If anyone else can help that will be greatly appreciated as it is pretty urgent.

Thank you

ironchef

I agree, when im in cut mode ready to cut, i can goto print mode real quick, turn the heaters on and press cut mode and that should work

ironchef

When your in heater settings, push on the arrows up or down to the temp you want it on, left to right for all three temps, hit enter. Then go back to cut mode.

108 Designs

When your in heater settings, push on the arrows up or down to the temp you want it on, left to right for all three temps, hit enter. Then go back to cut mode.

yeah just tried this, all works fine, heats up to temperature, put it in remote stays constant, then as soon as i hit cut on the PC and it begins to start to search for the crop marks, all lights go out and heater turns off.

Just a thought.. could it be anything with the profile I am using?