• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mutoh RJ900X

SanTea

Hello! I'm seeking some assistance in getting my printer back up and running.

I have been having some issues for a few weeks in getting black to print, all the other colors were printing. After taking apart the head and doing complete cleaning + ink charges, I found that the black side of the print head is dead, thus needing a new print head. Shortly after the issues began, the maintenance station was replaced to troubleshoot, and that did not resolve the problem.

What I have a question with is the ink lines. After doing a complete cleaning of the heads and checking the lines and dampers for clogs / dried sections, then flushing them to clean, he ink is no longer being pulled into the lines by the printer. I can clearly see the section nearest to the maintenance station is solid and filled, but halfway down the line (towards the printhead) is still empty and I cannot get it to pull into the line. Would a clogged head disrupt the ability for the ink to flow into the print head?

oldcaliprinting

Have you tried a small charge? If so, remove the damper and pull ink through the damper with a syringe and then a small charge. It sounds like air is in the line.

SanTea

Yes, I tried both small and full ink charges. I noticed that when I tried to pull directly from the line (above dampers), there is a lot of resistance. Would pulling it through the damper remedy that, or do you think there is another issue at play? Thank you.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
What kind of ink system do you have, bulk or sealed cartridges. If a bulk system, check that the vent hole is clear. If sealed cartridges, is there ink in the cartridge? Seems like a dumb question, but sometimes cartridges run out, but the printer's ink detection system doesn't get triggered. This can result in a vacuum effect in the cap when doing cleanings and charges that result in strange results. Troubleshot that scenario twice before learning to check the obvious first. Try pulling through the line above the damper with that color cartridge removed and see if you still have resistance. If no resistance, then the cartridge is the culprit, if resistance, then possibly a clogged needle...