• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with original gerber edge

Darkwingduhk

So I was given a original gerber edge, it powers on but doesnt display anything on the controler panel, no online, no offline. Anyone have any ideas on where to start?

jfiscus

Rap Master
disassemble and clean out all the dust.
unplug and replug in every electrical connection you see.
check all the fuses you can find.

Hielorojo

Alright, I'll try that. appreciate the advice. Wouldn't happen to know of a guide on disassembling it would ya?

Any beep?
Take off the front cover and check the "earth wire" is possible that you display does not show nothing because the "eart wire" has not a good contact.
Best Regards.

Jburns

Alright, I'll try that. appreciate the advice. Wouldn't happen to know of a guide on disassembling it would ya?

bring
the side that does not have the power cord to the edge of the table. Unscrew three screws on the bottom side of the black side cover.. open top, open bail arm and lift out the panel. ( of course while all unplugged).
You will see 2 axis board, CPU board, and Printer cable connections.

netsol

help with edge

I have the service manual
I can not pm you
'can you give me an email?
I can work with you to troubleshoot

andy

bring
the side that does not have the power cord to the edge of the table. Unscrew three screws on the bottom side of the black side cover.. open top, open bail arm and lift out the panel. ( of course while all unplugged).
You will see 2 axis board, CPU board, and Printer cable connections.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Can you email me a copy of the service manual? jason(at)cruxroadboardz.com
I've never seen one. I have 5 of these and have always just repaired them myself or with help from the plotter doctor.