• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with SignLab e6

Ok, I know its time to upgrade, but I don't have time for that right now. Pressed for a huge cut job, I need to get this working asap. I recently had my xp pro computer crash and was not able to recover. My IT guy highly recommended using Vista Business on my new computer saying that it should run all of my programs with no problems. Well, SignLab turned out to be the problem. I actually had the patcher.exe and update S610617U saved on a backup disk so I moved them to my signlab file and ran my updater, but I'm getting the (*v*) on my updater so I don't think it's updating....tho it won't let me update again :/ When I try to run SignLab, it goes through all the motions until it gets to the cut program then I get a "SignLab6 MFC Application Has Stopped Working". My IT guy thinks its a problem with the program, but I sent him this screenshot from Vista and haven't heard back from him yet. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas that could help....really getting stressed with this big cut job deadline looming over me!!!!
screen shot.jpg
Thanks in advance for any input!
Ellen
Orangeball Graphics

tbullo

Superunknown
Are you saying that you can layout something and when you send it to the spooler it gets this error? Maybe check your port settings. Haven't used E6 in a while.

it doesn't give me a port message and this morning it gave me a "dll error type 0" whatever that means. I still think it has something to do with e6 not playing well with Vista. On the screen shot you will notice the "Fault" has something to do with the ntdll.dll. I think if I could clear up that fault, the (*V*) stuff would go away....maybe not, just need to do something. I might even have to hook the old backup computer up long enough to get this job out! e6 is already loaded on it and was working great when I shut it down. Just don't want to have to rely on it too long.
Thanks
Ellen

Techman

we all know how signlab acts around windows.
We all know how they used strange api calls that did not conform to standards.
That is why most people avoid any changes of OS when the system is operating right.
Go back to your previous setup and run it until you retire. You will be happier.

I use an xp machine to run all the older equipment. And run the cnc router. IT all runs just fine and will continue to do so until I retire. There are plenty of xp machines sitting in ppl's closets just asking for a new home.

we all know how signlab acts around windows.
We all know how they used strange api calls that did not conform to standards.
That is why most people avoid any changes of OS when the system is operating right.
Go back to your previous setup and run it until you retire. You will be happier.

I use an xp machine to run all the older equipment. And run the cnc router. IT all runs just fine and will continue to do so until I retire. There are plenty of xp machines sitting in ppl's closets just asking for a new home.

You may be right techman! Just need to find another keyboard and mouse for the old xp pro machine and just use it for signlab. Only problem I forsee is having to send all my files from Illustrator to a flash drive then import them into signlab.....too much work, but xp sure does run signlab without problems...I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of that if I don't get this up and running. Been in the business way too long (38 years) to let this stop me!

got a reply from cadlink....hope this helps others!

orangeball

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 am Post subject: SignLab e6 (*V*) when updating

Got a big issue with this (*V*) thing. My windows xp pro computer crashed and I had to replace with a new. My IT guy told me to go with Vista Business so I would still be able to run my programs and not have to upgrade everything to work with win 7 or 8. Installed e6 on Vista and had no issues till I tried to update....no longer supported by cadlink! Ok, so I managed to find the patcher.exe and the s610617U update and ran them. Now I have the (*v*) issue with my updater and...SignLab will go all the way through to the cut mode with no problems then I get an \"MFC Application has stopped working\" and it shuts me down. When I check the \"Problems and Solutions\" folder in vista, it showed me that the \"fault\" was an ntdll.dll fault....whatever that means. Occasionally I get a \"dll error type 0\" as well. I really need to get this working. Have a deadline on a huge cut job that I need to be rolling on! Also, yes, I have installed my hasp key and ran the drivers for it. Ive uninstalled and re-installed this a couple of times...nearly at my wits end!
spacer.gif
rayw
CADlink Employee
cadUser.gif

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 pm Post subject:

easy things first, the (*v*) indicates that the language you have chosen on install does not match the language specified on the password (Usually English international and English US).
The MFC application error is difficult to track down, so I don't have any great ideas on that, the DLL error type 0 will be something to do with the cutter driver chosen as a default. Go to File > Install Cutters and remove all drivers except the one that you need for your cutter.
"To all readers, if you are a registered user please edit your profile so that it includes your location, even the country will do, it helps us with support issues if we know what region you are in" Thanks... Ray
rayw@cadlink.co.uk
spacer.gif
orangeball

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:52 am Post subject:

rayw.....you are the best. if it doesn't matter about the (*v*) thing...I won't worry about it since there are no more updates for e6 anyway and this one is already installed. The DLL error type 0 went away as soon as I got rid of everything except the one I need. Along with that, the MFC error went away too!!!! God Bless the good people on this site! I contacted Microsoft about the MFC error and they said they had a fix for that, for a small fee of $99....really? I've been using SignLab since v4.95 and will upgrade as soon as I am able....LOVE this program! Want to go to 9.1 but the piggy bank isn't full enough yet! Thank you again! Gotta love the way Cadlink works!

new question....signtopia grrr

Ok, now that I got the problem solved with signlab e6, I'd like to know if anyone has any idea how to get rid of the signtopia pop up. Since it is no longer a functioning program, I guess I'd just like to stop the little pop up from coming up (pet peev?). Everything else is working great and I don't have any other issues with the program (still get MFC when I shut down, but big deal ;) right?) So if anyone knows of a fix for signtopia, please pass it along. Looks like it might be awhile till I get to upgrade, so any info would be appreciated!
Thanks for everyones input on the other issues I was having!

abbyss

Hello there, o know this thread is really old by now, but I still got e6 up and running, but recently I had to reinstall it. But cadlink doesn't support this old version anymore. Does somebody still have the update file for signlab e6?
My CD version contains version 6.0 rev 1, so the first version.

Many thanks in advance :)