• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help with Storefront graphic - removing bkg.

New England Wraps

I am making a Storefront of a beach scene going across all the front windows. The background needs to be removed for the people to see out and in. A simple contour cut isn't so simple due to the complexity of this image, such as between the palm leaves and all of the points. Any ideas ?
I would hand cut it ( old school ) in a worst-case scenario, still a ton of work.
I've heard of companies that will vectorize an image for a fee. I tried tracing it but there's way too much detail for it to work.

full mockup.jpg

Thanks in advance for any tips.

New England Wraps

how much of that needs to be removed? Why not just do window perforated vinyl?
OR
Do a simpler cut path for the area you want to cut out. Say a pillow cut around the palm trees so its not so intricate.
Window perf doesn't last long in Florida and also disappears when the sun goes down. What's a pillow cut ? ALL of the background has to be removed. There was a sky but for Comps I did a quick removal.

Dan360

We've had images printed on clear by someone with white ink in the past. It's easy to adjust colours and make a separate white mask.

New England Wraps

IDK, this could be more impactful with an opaque white and contour cut vs perf, but you'd also have to consider what would be reflected in the uncovered areas. Nothing says going to the beach like a reflection of the morning crowd at the blood plasma center...
This is for a Hurricane Grill, the owner reallyyyyy has a nice setup of beach themes. He makes tables out of surfboards, and the whole bar is a surfboard, I wrapped the kitchen doors also, IT's amazing. ( see pics ) Opaque will def make the colors more vibrant and perf disappears after a certain hour. Light during DLS it would suck. We get maybe 2-3 yrs from perf out here also.

Attachments

• 54257854_2087362844673667_3955598054219841536_n.jpg
    54257854_2087362844673667_3955598054219841536_n.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 202
  • welcome to island door.jpg
    welcome to island door.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 210

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We have the ability to do 2nd surface optically clear vinyl with white ink. Gives the appearance of being opaque with the white on the back side and the colors pop nicely. No cutting needed.
A pillow cut would be simplifying the cutout around the most difficult elements and leaving about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of media for simplifying cutting and installation.

New England Wraps

We have the ability to do 2nd surface optically clear vinyl with white ink. Gives the appearance of being opaque with the white on the back side and the colors pop nicely. No cutting needed.
A pillow cut would be simplifying the cutout around the most difficult elements and leaving about 1/8 to 1/4 inch of media for simplifying cutting and installation.
I'll give you a call