• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!

KORELL SIGNS

1. Hello fellow sign makers.
  2. I just wanted to know if any of you had problems with opos. I have a summa 120se model and for the life of me i just cant figure it out. I am using the omega software but at times i believe you have to be a real brain surgeon to figure it all out!
  3. What is the easiest way to use the opos. I have a gerber edge and after im done printing we all stand around and wait to see who will take the knife and cut around the print .​
  4. Any help would be appreciated!
  5. Thanks, Guy

Ken

HI Guy. Welcome to Signs 101.
I once walked into the office of a very successfull businessman.
As I entered the room, the phone rang. He picked up the phone and, without hesitation said " Hello this is "Joe Blo" how are you?..He made it clear to the person on the other end of the line that he was there.
It is a bit of a ritual here that you introduce yourself on the new members thread to let us know where you are at in the sign-biz. Stating that you are in Canada is really not helpful either..have you checked a map lately?
There may be members here in your region, that you can network with.
I know..it's the world-wide web
Sorry, I'm not a Summa user..I hear they are great machines.
Thanks for signing your name to your post.
Cheers!
Ken

iSign

I'd get a gerber plotter. It's so easy to just use the eyepiece & skip all the troubles. How many days of inefficiency would you have to eliminate to pay for that plotter? ...probably not as many as how long the plotter will last.

(Canada is enuf info for me)

signage

I agree with Isign, the gerber prints small enough without loosing mote space with the registration marks to cut with an other cutter. If you use a gerber plotter you get on registration at the front edge of the print.

D

DARLAK

three responses and not one answer for the guy,other than tell him he hasn't properly introduced himself and he should get a different plotter. these are not answers,there drool. the guy has a valid question. if you don't have an answer, maybe you should find a nice social-politically correct forum where everyone identifies themself down to there street address and addresses the community:

Hi, My name is dave, I'm a sign guy in trouble....

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
three responses and not one answer for the guy,other than tell him he hasn't properly introduced himself and he should get a different plotter. these are not answers,there drool. the guy has a valid question. if you don't have an answer, maybe you should find a nice social-politically correct forum where everyone identifies themself down to there street address and addresses the community:

Hi, My name is dave, I'm a sign guy in trouble....

So you feel that the next good thing to do would be to criticize the responders? I don't see you adding anything positive. :rolleyes:

The fact is that the responses advising Korell to get the right plotter are correct. What Korell Signs is trying to do defies explanation. If he does any business with his Edge he will lose, in wasted time and material, the cost of the correct plotter 3 to 4 times a year.

D

DARLAK

So you feel that the next good thing to do would be to criticize the responders? I don't see you adding anything positive. :rolleyes:

i suppose the correct thing to do would have been to start another thread bltching about non answers to a valid question.

It was obvious to me that i wasn't providing an answer to the thread question, but it seemed like that was the what was happening to this guys question.

I was not bashing the questioner, but the three stooges who responded.

Dave

chopper

Hi,
first off I am running a summa, secondly I am running a Roland versacamm
it is very seldom that I cut the prints from the roland on the summa, but I have done it and it works great,
have you ever had it work correctly?
or is this all new and never worked?
I will assume that you never had this work you will need to set up the cutting registration marks for the summa it will only see marks that are specific to the summa, you may need to check your software setup to find the correct reg. marks after you do that you may need to calibrate the opos system, they have on online manual for there machines if I remember correctly if not
call summa tech support even if this is a used machine they will support it for life!! look them up at summa.com //chopper

dclet

The fact is that the responses advising Korell to get the right plotter are correct. What Korell Signs is trying to do defies explanation. If he does any business with his Edge he will lose, in wasted time and material, the cost of the correct plotter 3 to 4 times a year.

That is not true. He can use "his" plotter and get better results using the opos.
With out much trouble.... 6 mil (2 opos marks) is nothing and would hardly cost him in material....

Since your going on the "wrong equipment" thing why not just dump the edge too, after all.

want an answer - Summa Users -

digital-graphica.com

I am not sure if Omega has opos support ...I haven't used omega since ver 1.54

Flexi has full support and creates opos marks automatically.
I also use Corel and have scripted the opos marks. with CorelDRAW! -

You must first create your contour over your print...
then create square opos marks at all four corners of your design - marks should be .118" or 3mil.

What I do is then copy the entire design with the marks, remove the contour from the "print" piece and remove the print from the "contour" piece do not touch the opos marks...

so you'll have 2 designs the print with opos marks and the contour with opos marks.

You should have a copy of winplot( comes with summa plotters, free to download on Summa's site), you'll can use that to send the Contour piece with opos marks to you plotter.

It's not hard it's just alittle difficult to explain.

I can go into more detail, just ask....I will try to get a small tutorial up when I get a chance.
digital-graphica.com

Last edited:

chopper

korell we need more info from you if we are to help you,
what version of omega are you using?
dose it support summa opos?
I belive that your problem is that the software is not set up correctly or it dosent support summa opos you will need to check and see
//chopper

Replicator

b03c778.gif

KORELL SIGNS

Hi Guys, Sorry for all the camotion! Im new to this this group and really dont understand everything on how to post as of yet, probally never will. I live in a very small town of 1200 people in Russell Manitoba. In the middle of really nowhere but we do have great lakes here. Ive been doing signs for about 8 years now, and i really enjoy it. I am a hand bomber but bought an edge and a summa to speed things up. Thanks all for the quick and helpfull response. Im using omega version 2.2
I bought the summa and the edge off a fella in toronto that was selling out.
It came with no manuals on the cutter so i did download the whole manual on opos.
All i did was waste material and time. I will try to follow the advice from a couple of youse who were kind enough to help me out. Take care and thanks again,
Guy Korell
Korell Signs & Graphics.

chopper

Hey, Korell
was this a working set up when you bought it?
did the guy have the opos working if so all you should need to do is set up the correct reg marks when you print so the summa will see the marks I am trying to help but I do not have the omega software so my knowledge is limited hopefully some one here with that software will chime in and give you a hand
how about asking the person you bought it from?//chopper

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
As far as I know It won't work with Omega.
It will with Flexi and SignLab but you will lose some of the precious 11.8 in. print height to compensate for the registration marks.

KORELL SIGNS

Hello Again,
It was a working set up b4. I will phone the person I had bought it from and will ask him. I will also try it in flexi which i have and tend to like it better. I appreicate all the help chopper and to you also mike.
Thanks again,
Guy

D

DARLAK

we found our forum long ago, if you don't like it, don't take the doorknob up yours on the way out

i'm afraid, the "i found it first, its mine theory" doesn't work here. you can post your BS, i can respond to it.

just what was the jab "canada in enuf info for me" supposed to mean anyway?