• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helpo with software, website, cart

tcyphers

I am a newby to your site so thanks to everyone. I woke up one moring and decided that I wanted to open a print shop to print coroplast campaign signs. Probably have lost my mind and the money to follow. However, can someone suggest a website designer that specializes in the campaign sign making industry? And/or software that would enable my company to permit the customer to design his or her sign on my site (basically using templates) then place the order.

:thankyou:

GK

I just replied to your other post. I think there is way more to this then you are considering then just...waking up one morning.

S

SignTech

Welcome .............. auto design website for signs using an automated template format?

Your wallet is how big? LOL .......... ~M

tcyphers

How deep pockets

Thanks for your reply. I am prepared to invest a sugfficient amount of capital in the design software but have absoultely no idea whether such a software package exists and at the range of cost. Got to start somewhere and I am grateful to all for helping me with this journey.

GK

Thanks for your reply. I am prepared to invest a sugfficient amount of capital in the design software but have absoultely no idea whether such a software package exists and at the range of cost. Got to start somewhere and I am grateful to all for helping me with this journey.

No "package" since this will need to be customized to suit your needs, and in this case, you want to do political signage. Another thing to keep in mind is how payments are going to be processed. Are you going to integrate that system into your new website so they get processed online? or are you going to have the user submit a secure form and have it sent to you...then you process it manually? Only reason I ask is because how much more secure you will need this site to be if you are not using a 3rd party online processing center and you are submitting them via a secure form to yourself...then it is on you if you site/database is hacked and all the private info stolen. You will also need a legal disclaimer stating your companies privacy policy and how the information is going to be used etc.

zmatalucci

I dis-like some customers now,
I couldn't imagine dealing with a bunch of lying, cheating, arrogant pricks everyday!
Good luck!

alanzhao

What I believe is hire a professional web developer IN THE HOUSE with sufficient skills in:
  • Flash/Flex
  • PHP
  • MySQL
  • XML
  • AJAX
  • Javascript
  • Credit Card Gateways
There is no such web application out there that fit perfectly to your need. You have to work with your web developer on long term basic on things such as new feature developments, bugs fixing, site maintaineces etc. Beside the design application there is payment method, shipping and marketing problems and your personal web developer will give you a good advises.

It's not a good idea to hire freelancers from outside the country. They're cheap but most of the times unprofessional.

GK

What I believe is hire a professional web developer IN THE HOUSE with sufficient skills in:
  • Flash/Flex
  • PHP
  • MySQL
  • XML
  • AJAX
  • Javascript
  • Credit Card Gateways
There is no such web application out there that fit perfectly to your need. You have to work with your web developer on long term basic on things such as new feature developments, bugs fixing, site maintaineces etc. Beside the design application there is payment method, shipping and marketing problems and your personal web developer will give you a good advises.

It's not a good idea to hire freelancers from outside the country. They're cheap but most of the times unprofessional.

Should have mentioned that earlier --- stay awaaaay...far far away from outsourcing to other countries. You really should be able to sit down...in person with your developer or development team on a person to person level to fully discuss what the scope of the project is and any future upgrades/changes. Saving that extra $2000 is not worth being on the phone with someone in India for 2 days straight because the web apps back-end doesn't work worth a fiddlers !@#$. Good advice alanzhao.

MrKoob

These guys have a somewhat "ready to go" package, the downside is that you host everything on their service.

http://www.supersignservice.com/

If they crash, or go "belly-up" you're pretty much as Elmer Fudd may say "scwewd". The pros are that they handle the details and allow "branding" to give the illusion of it being yours. Other than that, thats about it. If you still want a programmer to do it, they may be able to look it over and emulate what they see.

alanzhao

I remember a topic here a while ago about seedysigns offering their web site duplication for $15,000? Anybody tried?