• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here is a fun quote - scam or legit?

kalvix

Ok so we received this email and wondering if this is a scam. i remember getting the banner ones, but this seems weird -- seeing as they will deliver a 2011 Mercedes E550 car to our location. Maybe if it runs and isn't stolen i could place a mechanics lean on it and get new wheels. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm trying to figure out what their angle is. free wrap? stolen car? send it to Nigeria?

Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 1:51 PM
To:
Subject: Fw: Auto Wraps

I’m very pleased to read your response. My daughter is getting married in few weeks and i want my car fully wrapped in (Matte Blue Metallic) and ready before her wedding commence Presently am in the hospital about to undergo my Ear Surgery in few days that really affect my hearing and makes me not to be able do anything physically or make phone calls I hope you can be reach sometimes via email or text for now? pls bear with me and I will really appreciate if you can make this work out for me pls!

I made an arrangement with my private shipping guy to have my vehicles delivered for auto wraps services by next week Friday and he will be picking it up after you finished wrapping Pls I would need the below details so i can forward it to my private shipping guy for the delivery

Receivers Full Name ?
Facility Directions ?
Full Wraps Service Estimation Plus Tax ?

Attached is the pics of my car i want (Matte Blue Metallic) wrapped on my benz

Once i have all details with an estimation i will be making a down payment with my credit card for you to be able to get the parts and start the installation on my vehicle soon as it arrive by next week Friday pls

Looking forward to your swift response
God Bless you, Mark

kalvix

Actually what i told our sales guy was to ask for the copy of the Registration, Driver License, and both sides of the credit card. I would be happy to get the car in our shop and installed. and then place a mechanics lean on it and wait to see get paid or get a nice new (to me) Mercedes. After calling the credit card company and checking the vin against stolen vehicles.

Besides who would not want a new mercedes for the price of our own wrap.

T_K

Triple your normal price, say payment due in advance of ordering materials.

At the same time, if they do accept and pay...could you be handling a stolen car?

threeputt

You're asking if we think this is a scam? REALLY?

Whatever gut instincts you have to post this and even raise the question, should alert you.

Of course it's a scam. Does this fit any kind of pattern of customers inquiring about work? When have you ever seen something like this when it's NOT been in this context? (of a scam)

No brainer.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Same guy emailed me! Mark II.
Same car, same material. It's a scam. I really wanted him to send me the CC info so I could call the bank and get the card reported as stolen but he never got back to me:
Weirdest thing is that he changed the story from ear surgery to lung treatment! LOL

After the email where he asked about my name and address he sent this:

" Thanks for backing my project all sounds like a good price Im very okay with this and am ready to move on with the job. I will have my private shipper deliver my vehicle to your shop soon as i make a down payment with you Also i want you to do a little favor for me concerning my private shipping guy pls

Hope to read from you soon, God Blessings

Mark "

Then this:

"Thank you I really appreciate your effort towards my job here's an exclusive just to show some seriousness and dedication towards my job, I will be making a down payment now with my cc for you to book me up for next week pls & i want you to note that am receiving a lungs treatment at the moment& i will be undergoing a surgery in few days

Pls I'm yet to pay my private shipper cos am not in a good state of health to handle this my self and my shipper is not setup to accept credit card payment at this time, I want you to know that my vehicle is ready to ship upon receipt of full payment cash before delivery based on my agreement with my private shipping guy and i think you will be able to help me out with a cash advance using my visa account to cover my shipping bill that’s why i asked this favor of you pls

The favor is that I will be giving you credit card to charge for the deposit plus $200 Tips&Gas also i want you to pls help me add an extra $3600 and have the total amount billed to my credit card & once the funds cleared into your bank account you will help me withdraw and make a cash deposit of $3600 to my private shipper bank acct details which i will forward to you afterward for cash deposit once he confirm payment from his bank he will prepare to bring my vehicles to your facility for full wrapping service as earlier as possible. Pls Be rest assured you will be charging all expenses on my credit card including credit card company 3% charges pls. Here is the final Break Down

Wrapping Service Deposit: $1500
Tips& Gratuity: $200
Shipping Fee: $3600
3% CC charges ??

I will really appreciate your assistance. Pls i want you to understand you will be charging all the expenses on my credit card while i authorize the charges on my phone 'ONETIME'

Thanks for your understanding God bless you abundantly!

Mark"

then this

" I'm sure you understand any time the money has cleared into
your bank account you will pull out my shipper's funds and make a cash to his account for me can you help me take care of that ? also how soon does funds hits your account ?"
then this

I told him to send me the info but never got back to me.

threeputt

Quite sure he'll find some sucker to fall for this. It's a shame, too.
I have an intense dislike for people who wrap themselves up in the cloak of Christianity, for the sake of adding credulity to their fake and phony scams.

ie: (may God bless you abundantly)