• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

here is another strange Signlab 8 issue

gabagoo

I am not sure if it is the software or a file that has been imported from elsewhere.

I do work for a Rolex 24 hr race team and when I set up the files I continually import older files with size changes and newer files that are sent to me so that everything for these 2 cars are together in one file.

Now this is the second file I have made for them within 1 week and when I save the file and then reopen it all the info is on the left hand side of the screen and you can see a marquee box stretching way out to the right side.

When I click on the screen and then try and marquee out on the right side to see what lights up, there is nothing there. I have also noticed that when this happens and I start breaking down the logos colour by colour; when I cut and put weed boxes around all the multitudes of bits and pieces it seems in the cut screen they are not there and even some of the copy is missing.
The only way I have found to be able to cut these quirky files is to break the path about 3 times, then everything seems to show up..

I just need to know what causes this craziness.
Can it be one file coming in making the entire file corrupt?

omgsideburns

Importing something with a clipping mask? I'm not using 8 at the moment, but it seems like clipping masks always confused SL7.

Ursta Graphics

Are the files you are importing .ai files? If so instead of importing as .ai or .eps have the files saved as an editable .pdf file out of illustrator. I run Signlab 9 now and its not an issue but with 8 I can remember there being problems with bounding box issues. Especially with illustrator fills being involved.

gabagoo

OK, went back in there and figured out what it is..... I see down in the right hand side that this file has 2 pages!!!! The second page had some banners I set up last week. I have no idea what hot keys I hit, but I must have created more than one page which is something I am not used to nor do I use. Solved!