• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hhhhhmmmm

WildWestDesigns

Apparently on the same day that Blender 2.8 (always seems to have been the poster child of what open source can accomplish and I think with 2.8, others are starting to take serious notice) came out, have news of 3DS and Maya India subscription options.

There is one thing though in the 1st sentence in the "note" section that seems "curious" to say the least.

Attachments

• Indie 3DS.png
    Indie 3DS.png
    309 KB · Views: 387

Z SIGNS

Praise the lord for open source. I do very little 3d stuff but dabble a bit. A small sign shop can do a lot with blender and sketch up.

WildWestDesigns

Praise the lord for open source. I do very little 3d stuff but dabble a bit. A small sign shop can do a lot with blender and sketch up.

That you can and (for me) even more so given the expanded GP functionality.

Open source in general has come a long way, even in just the short 4 yrs I've been using it full time (9 if you count how long I've been dabbling with Linux (still a blip on the radar considering I started with MS back during the days of DOS 3.2-3.3 when I was a little kid)).

Not everything about it is all sunshine, but the pros far outweigh the cons (at least for me). Top it off, I've actually gone back to enjoying using the computer, it's not just a means to an end. But I digress.

equippaint

I learned programming on this turd, TRS80. It was useless. Then onto an Apple II which was useless as well except for oregon trail which was the sh*t. Funny thing is, while searching for a pic of both theyre selling for stupid money. Apples 2gs, $1200 lol
FCA7446F-4805-448A-A61B-C40B0C19F831.jpeg

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
How about BASIC on a VIC-20? Or programming a TI-59 calculator....It goes back for years.

Attachments

• TI-59 and VIC-20.jpg
    TI-59 and VIC-20.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 285