• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi From Life In The Dog World

JK Morgan

I'm Jill and have run a business specializing in horses, dogs and cats over the past 30 years. (Giving my age away). My main specialty right now are purebred dogs and I attend a lot of dog shows and pet expos flogging my wares.

About 8 years or so ago I got into sublimation. Purchased designs, bought an ET-15000 and printed and made a lot of my own products for dogs. As it got busier, I upgraded to an Epson SC-F570 Sublimation printer and use the EcoTank for smaller jobs. I now design all my own work plus print and manufacture myself. Custom is a big part of my work and I get most of my business from word of mouth.

Many of my customers wanted decals so I began like most. I originally bought a GCC cutter, but found it was too big for doing custom jobs of one or two items so added a Cricut and a Silhouette Cameo to the family. I tried doing decals and stickers with the two small cutters, but wasn't really pleased with the quality of the print since it was from pigment ink. They sold however, so I thought it was time to upgrade to a dedicated decal machine. I have purchased the Roland BN20A as a starter (like many before me) and I pick it up on Monday. I feasted on a bucket load of videos on YouTube which helped me decide to avoid the BN20 as many seemed to have issues with the white ink, and since I would be doing smaller production, the extra maintenance and clogging issues weren't worth the extra I could make using clear window cling for some projects. The fact that it is slow is not a big deal for me as my production will never be huge orders of a thousand decals.

I think I have made the right choice, but hey, you never know. Maybe I'll get so busy I'll be upgrading again.

Hope to learn lots here,

Jill
https://jkmorganpets.com

ghostwriter1

Hi Jill, I had a quick look at your website, It's fantastic, Congratulations!!!, you have some great products and designs on there (love the bandanas) well done. Was it something that started as a hobby?. It has certainly become more than that from what I can see. The world has gone dog crazy over the last couple of years. Regards Brad (Australia)

JK Morgan

Hi Jill, I had a quick look at your website, It's fantastic, Congratulations!!!, you have some great products and designs on there (love the bandanas) well done. Was it something that started as a hobby?. It has certainly become more than that from what I can see. The world has gone dog crazy over the last couple of years. Regards Brad (Australia)
Thanks for the compliments Brad. Way back when I had a horse boarding and training business. I ended up marrying a guy with a sewing business, so I put the two things together and started my business. I always believed in doing what you know, so I made products for horse people. Well, all horse people have dogs and before I knew it the dog stuff was surpassing the horse stuff at super speed. I also do photography, so had Photoshop. Began designing all my own patterns and artwork and tried to be different than all the other dog product suppliers out there. It is a lot of fun (I don't believe in spending half your waking hours at a job you don't enjoy) and the creative part is the best. The sublimation set me free creatively and now expanding into printable vinyl. Hope to have lots of cool decals for Christmas season.
Jill

Stacey K

I like making signs
Welcome! Great website and products! The animal business seems to be booming, especially since covid.

Years ago, a person left their dog home to visit a friend, these days, people don't leave home without them! I'd say you found an excellent niche.

ghostwriter1

Thanks for the compliments Brad. Way back when I had a horse boarding and training business. I ended up marrying a guy with a sewing business, so I put the two things together and started my business. I always believed in doing what you know, so I made products for horse people. Well, all horse people have dogs and before I knew it the dog stuff was surpassing the horse stuff at super speed. I also do photography, so had Photoshop. Began designing all my own patterns and artwork and tried to be different than all the other dog product suppliers out there. It is a lot of fun (I don't believe in spending half your waking hours at a job you don't enjoy) and the creative part is the best. The sublimation set me free creatively and now expanding into printable vinyl. Hope to have lots of cool decals for Christmas season.
Jill
That's amazing, sounds like that career path chose you, good way to be. like it was your destiny almost. Cheers,,, BB