• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hi from NC

hightop

Hi all! I am not even qualified to call myself a newbie. Maybe a single-celled organism in this food chain. :notworthy: Grandpa was a sign painter way back in the '70s and taught me some hand lettering. It has always been something I enjoyed doing. I have no experience, only a cutter, some software and enough technical ability to get the thing to cut letters.

I am here to lurk and learn. I will refrain from asking a bunch of stupid questions. Hopefully, I won't give anyone a reason to send flames my way! In the meantime, I am just enjoying learning what I can, when I can about this very interesting field.

I appreciate the the opportunity to hang around and eavesdrop! Going back into stealth-mode now!!

hightop

Hi Adtechia! This is definitely not a business. There is too much to learn to consider jumping in and making a business of it. Maybe down the road, who knows. This seemed like a good place to start.

Locals Find!

Hi Adtechia! This is definitely not a business. There is too much to learn to consider jumping in and making a business of it. Maybe down the road, who knows. This seemed like a good place to start.

Well, that alone is a step in the right direction and will give you more leeway with many of the members here. They won't ride you as hard for asking questions if they don't view you as screwing up the marketplace.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you have some fun while your taking the time to learn.

hightop

Wow, a bunch of early birds here! Thanks for the welcomes! Bobby - I know where Apex is. It's a very nice place. I'm about an hour from there.

hightop

B-Rad: Grandpa was a great artist! I was in my early teens and I wish I had understood then what a gift he was and paid more attention. I still have his old lettering books. Treasures!

Stealth: Thank you for taking the cold weather with you! My family in Texas would really appreciate if you would leave it somewhere along the way back home. 29 degrees this morning!! :omg: All y'all from up north can laugh at my whining, but it was COLD!

John Butto

Al Winstead

He was from that area in North Carolina and was one of the signpainters after WW2 who did the Burma Shave signs on the side of the road. Was a great design man and knew everything about the sign business from goldleaf to electrical.

Stealth Ryder

B-Rad: Grandpa was a great artist! I was in my early teens and I wish I had understood then what a gift he was and paid more attention. I still have his old lettering books. Treasures!

Stealth: Thank you for taking the cold weather with you! My family in Texas would really appreciate if you would leave it somewhere along the way back home. 29 degrees this morning!! :omg: All y'all from up north can laugh at my whining, but it was COLD!

Yea, I know it as cold there this morning... They had to de-ice my plane very early this morning before wheels up...

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

Yea, it's getting cold. Got down to 47 last night. Just getting up to the mid 50's now. High is only going to be 74 today.