• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

High Temp Decals

Jason Thomas

I have a small job in the works for kettle stickers that will be used indoors, however, adhered to boiling hot stainless steel water kettles. The decals are pretty small, 5" circles and such. They must be fluorescent. I'm seeing that the 3M wrap fluorescent yellow is rated at 225ºF surface temp. So I'm inclined to use that. Before I run a sample, has anyone had any experience printing directly to it via Eco-Solvent? If it's not possible then I would maybe print onto 8518 laminate first, then laminate it to the the fl. yellow. I see the 8518 is also rated for a high temp. Any experience on these matters?

rjssigns

Not sure if this will help. I cut some numbers out of laminated ArlonSLX+ for a Harley oil tank which get really hot. Told the client if there are any issues to stop by and we'll do something else. That was several months ago so....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually printing on colored or patterned vinyl works with black but any other color will look washed out unless you can print with white.