• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horrible Color Printing??? Sp300V

Turbophein

The black print-head leaves tracks like a shadow on the edges of the print (is blurry)?? Then that head is dying. Why didn't you said so in the first place? Maybe I am wrong, but that image tells me I might be right.

Attach more pics so we can discuss about this problem.
Thank you,
Regards

it won't do that on a print test...

also the printer head info i printed says 1 head is half done the other is a quarter done. if you go by 1 bil shots per head. the printer also has low hours

Gabriel

it won't do that on a print test...

also the printer head info i printed says 1 head is half done the other is a quarter done. if you go by 1 bil shots per head. the printer also has low hours

I will never do that on a test print.... and the fact that the printer is low hours is not very relevant. It seems you have a print-head problem and the only thing that might get it right is to replace it.

Turbophein

well it appears that either my black head is bad or i have a bad cable. we did some diagnosing and only the black is giving isuues, he swapped cables but it popped the fuse.

so i am ordering 2 new cables, a couple fuses, and maybe a new head, to install or use as a spare if the cables fix the issue.

thanks for all the help guys!:U Rock:

splizaat

I 100% of the time use the stock black color in CMYK in Illustrator and print using "MAX IMPACT" ink profile my blacks come out SOLID on SP300V, versa works, oracal 3164 media, oracal 3164 media profile. Exact same results using 3165 media profile on 3165 media using MAX IMPACT.

If you want, I can send you an eps file I would typically use and tell you exactly what settings to use for versa works. If it doesn't come out nice and solid black THEN, then you have an issue. You might just not be setting up the FILE ITSELF correctly...

I would bet it's the cable that connects the head carriage, if it even is an issue with the printer. They're a wearable item on the SP300 - which is why the SP300i got a different cable that doesn't bind up and break all the time. I hear my cable binding from time to time in the printer but there's nothing I can do about it.

PS i'm just learning right now too. 1.5 months into printing on SP300V and love it so far. Learned a lot from these posts BTW (THANK YOU GUYS!) There's not a whole lot of info on the Sp300V out there that I was able to find. Gonna try some new things suggested here myself and see what happens with my typically grainy photos :)