• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Horrible Color Printing??? Sp300V

Turbophein

Interesting Problem. Hope you get it figured out. I print all my black using Roland color BK21A.

John

i use the same black. i need to try the suggestion posted earlier.

also i need to know the default settings in color management in versaworks. my yellows now look like oranges after playing with it.

strypguy

Here are some of my settings:

In Queue a/b settings:

preset:
pre-press U.S.
properties tab
target profiles:
RGB= adobeRGB1998.icc
CMYK=USWebCoatedSWOP.icc
matching method:
Raster=colorimetric
Vector=colorimetric
check in box use embedded icc profile

If you need anything else let me know

John

Turbophein

Here are some of my settings:

In Queue a/b settings:

preset:
pre-press U.S.
properties tab
target profiles:
RGB= adobeRGB1998.icc
CMYK=USWebCoatedSWOP.icc
matching method:
Raster=colorimetric
Vector=colorimetric
check in box use embedded icc profile

If you need anything else let me know

John

thanks for the quick reply....

for some reason my yellows have turned to orange. even with your settings. the only thing i can think of is that i updated versaworks yesterday. i did mess with the settings but nothing is giving me that nice yellow i use to have...

strypguy

I still think you may have the contamination like jhill states. As my inks get lower and are unequal I get the contamination from suction into the other damper. I usually can use the cleaning button on the printer to get my colors back. If the damper gets contaminated you almost have to flush it to get it clean.Sometimes the ink will get sucked all the way up into the other colors' line then you will need to syringe it out.
Been there, done that more then once.
So check to make sure dampers are not contaminated and check lines, do a test print.

John

Turbophein

does your nozzle test show yellow or orange? if orange, then you have ink cross-contamination

ok so i did a test print and the second pass shows a lot of orange instead of yellow. i did recently move my printer less than a mile away to my home office, also did the update at the same time. its been doing ever since, so i guess it makes sense. so what do i need to do?

Turbophein

ok so i just tried the 70-70-70-100 color and it still didn't come out good.

also added +3 in the color adjustment for black, same result. next is +5 i guess

Turbophein

here it is, looks like crab every border has lots of bleeding, very grainy. i can't find a single brown/tan color that is not grainy. the printer is new to me i think i am going to replace the caps and wipers
IMAG1113.jpg

CentralSigns

You might want to hire a technician. So far the printer has been down for a week from your posts. That would cost me thousands. I would rather pay a Roland Technician a thousand and be back making money. That's your best bet at this time. Wouldn't it be ??

Turbophein

You might want to hire a technician. So far the printer has been down for a week from your posts. That would cost me thousands. I would rather pay a Roland Technician a thousand and be back making money. That's your best bet at this time. Wouldn't it be ??

it would be yes, but i just got into this business, i still have my regular job. for the amount of customers i have waiting i might justify the cost...

I have printed some quality stuff but only using the main 3 colors, no real mixes because it all looks like crap.

i brought some prints to my local rep and he gave me some advice. he helped with a bunch of info already.

i also like to work on things myself, i am very hands on. i've replaced quite a few things on the machine already which is only helping me learn it even more. google my screen name. i'm into lots of different things!

It might be my next step though:thumb:

Gabriel

The black print-head leaves tracks like a shadow on the edges of the print (is blurry)?? Then that head is dying. Why didn't you said so in the first place? Maybe I am wrong, but that image tells me I might be right.

Attach more pics so we can discuss about this problem.
Thank you,
Regards