• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How bad did I do?

JR_

Roland CAMMJET CJ-70 - 54" Color Printer & Cutter
paid $1900.....HOW DID I DO? BE Nice Please~!

This printer does color prints & contour design cutting, vinyl cutting etc. in one machine!

54" width max. prints & cuts.

It was Perfect WORKING CONDITION. We have not used for 11-12 weeks since we got new printer which is Roland SP-540V.

Buyer might need to clean the printer heads.

Inks are left more than 80% of inks each catridges.

This printer has been well maintained , Used only Original Color Pigment Inks from Roland.

Welcome to help people first time in Graphic Art Business & Sign Business!!!

Barely used, Still BRAND NEW condition!!! AS YOU SEE PHOTOS - It is Good to Start NEW sign Business

This printer is 4 Pigment color printing system.

Please read following description:

You can print outdoor signs – Fine Art Prints, Light Box (transparency) Prints, Canvas, Photo Papers, Banners, Adhesive Vinyl Prints,

Sticker Vinyls, Window Signs, Vehicle Sign Wrap etc.( Tons of different stuffs you can print ).

There is a Rip software comes with then printer which is Roland ColorChoice for both PC and MAC

Comes with: User Manual books, Power cord, & Parallel Cable.

LittleSnakey

:Welcome:You probably don't want to here it but...

Its probably not the best printer/cutter.
We had one and I believe you need to manually align it for print/cut I could never figure out how to make it find the registration marks automatically.
Also it is not solvent ink based so the inks and materials are limited and expensive. That means that laminating is a must also.

We got $2000 for ours in working condition and also got $2000 off our new VP540 for being a previous roland owner.

Good luck with it.

Roland CAMMJET CJ-70 - 54" Color Printer & Cutter
paid $1900.....HOW DID I DO? BE Nice Please~!

This printer does color prints & contour design cutting, vinyl cutting etc. in one machine!

54" width max. prints & cuts.

It was Perfect WORKING CONDITION. We have not used for 11-12 weeks since we got new printer which is Roland SP-540V.

Buyer might need to clean the printer heads.

Inks are left more than 80% of inks each catridges.

This printer has been well maintained , Used only Original Color Pigment Inks from Roland.

Welcome to help people first time in Graphic Art Business & Sign Business!!!

Barely used, Still BRAND NEW condition!!! AS YOU SEE PHOTOS - It is Good to Start NEW sign Business

This printer is 4 Pigment color printing system.

Please read following description:

You can print outdoor signs – Fine Art Prints, Light Box (transparency) Prints, Canvas, Photo Papers, Banners, Adhesive Vinyl Prints,

Sticker Vinyls, Window Signs, Vehicle Sign Wrap etc.( Tons of different stuffs you can print ).

There is a Rip software comes with then printer which is Roland ColorChoice for both PC and MAC

Comes with: User Manual books, Power cord, & Parallel Cable.

Charlie J

Well....the thing about that printer, you're not going to want to do much outdoor work with it. The inks will fade very quickly. The price isn't bad. You could still probably use it for indoor signage work, and make some money.

JR_

This isnt looking good! lmao. Theres nothing I can do to make ink last longer? I was really wanting it for banners. Be so much easier!

Robert M

Materials

That printer uses Epson pigment ink, so start looking around for that type of material. Expect to pay alot for that type of banner. You can try Clear Star liguid laminate to get the banner to last longer. Problem is that all of the media for that printer is coated to take the water based inks. You need to seal it up or water will soak into the coating. PM me if you need media, I may have some in stock, i also have a beater CJ 70 that i can sell you parts off of.

sfr table hockey

That printer uses Epson pigment ink, so start looking around for that type of material. Expect to pay alot for that type of banner. You can try Clear Star liguid laminate to get the banner to last longer. Problem is that all of the media for that printer is coated to take the water based inks. You need to seal it up or water will soak into the coating. PM me if you need media, I may have some in stock, i also have a beater CJ 70 that i can sell you parts off of.

Hey Robert,

Would this printer have the one epson 3000 print head and then the single black head for the second. If so could he not convert this printer over to solvent like on the Fj 42-52 or CJ 500 units. Seeing you had one, are the parts similar. I tried to look on CMYK parts to see what it used but was not listed. Like you said the water based material (media) is way more and if he could convert over, he might have an option.

jfiscus

Rap Master

You can spray clearstar onto a banner? We tried frogspray once & never again as it NEVER dried. We'll have to try the clearstar sometime, but it seems the banners last well enough with the ink from our SP540 anyways.

LittleSnakey

We have a decal on a metal door outside and its 3 years old, It was laminated and its not faded much. It was printed with the CJ70.

Its just expensive for the material and kinda hard to line up the contour cuts.

Well....the thing about that printer, you're not going to want to do much outdoor work with it. The inks will fade very quickly. The price isn't bad. You could still probably use it for indoor signage work, and make some money.

Charlie J

We have a decal on a metal door outside and its 3 years old, It was laminated and its not faded much. It was printed with the CJ70.

Its just expensive for the material and kinda hard to line up the contour cuts.

I'm sure lamination played a big role in the decal not fading. The point i'm trying was trying to make is that the machine is not intended for outdoor work. He will have much better results with a solvent inks. I'm not saying that he can't make money with the machine. He could do well with it for indoor jobs. He's just going to have to spend the extra money on media and laminates compared to a solvent machine. It may be in his best interest to look into a solvent conversion kit as posted above.

LittleSnakey

I totally agree with you, just letting you know my experience with the machine.

I'm sure lamination played a big role in the decal not fading. The point i'm trying was trying to make is that the machine is not intended for outdoor work. He will have much better results with a solvent inks. I'm not saying that he can't make money with the machine. He could do well with it for indoor jobs. He's just going to have to spend the extra money on media and laminates compared to a solvent machine. It may be in his best interest to look into a solvent conversion kit as posted above.

legacyborn

I was using aqueous based inks for banners for a very very short while. (the banners will scratch, I have used 12 different materials, the best one was from a company that just closed)

Outsource until you can afford a solvent printer.

In the mean time start selling posters and photos.