• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How big is a Versacamm really?

Barry

I know several people have been looking at this machine and none of the photos on the web seem to show just how large this machine is. I was really supprised the first time I demod this machine.

This is my machine the day it was delevered (About 2 weeks ago).

versacamm.jpg

I do have to say this is a pretty awesome machine. It has printed on just about everything I put through it.

rsantos97

That looks huge compared to the pics I've seen. I am going to be ordering mine this week. Thanks for showing what its actual size is.

:cool1:

ChiknNutz

That is definitely a lot bigger than I had envisioned, too. So how do you like it so far? I am considering the possibility of getting one of these, but I've also been told that a laminator is of utmost importance regardless what the MFG says about durability. Did you get a laminator as well? What software are you running with it?

Barry

GraphiXtreme said:
That is definitely a lot bigger than I had envisioned, too. So how do you like it so far? I am considering the possibility of getting one of these, but I've also been told that a laminator is of utmost importance regardless what the MFG says about durability. Did you get a laminator as well? What software are you running with it?
So far its a great printer and has handled everything Ive thrown at it. Print quality is good, it prints on most any vinyl you put through it, and prints are supprisingly more durible than I expected.

I have not picked up a laminator yet, but its in the works. Lamination is necessary for anything you want to last long term on a car. The one thing that will really kill these prints is solvents of any type. Currently anything Im selling is either domed or the customer is made aware of the weekness.

As of now im using Corel Draw and Rolands Color Rip. Again seems to work pretty well.

Ladypainter

Wow!

How exciting!!! I think my people are going to put me off another year on getting ours. My boss was not happy that we would also need a laminator.

How long does it take for the prints to dry? Are you printing at the highest resolution? How well is it printing Jpegs or Tiffs?? PLEASE post some pics!!!

Someone throw me a valium...LP

Barry

Print dry time depends on the material you are printing on. Normally prints are dry to the touch in a few minutes. The heater helps prints dry much quicker.

Most stuff Im printing at 720 dpi which is plenty good. Photos I print at 1440x720. Photo quality is as good as desktop photo printers about 3-4 years ago.

Here is a pic of a couple pieces of coroplast I was sticking decals too. Dont worry I dont sell that stuff, I was just playing around with the machine... :D

decals1.jpg

decals2.jpg

Ladypainter

Barry, how far away from the computer can the VersaCamm be? It's a USB, right? Is the cord really long...could you buy a longer one? I don't know where I'm going to put it in this shop. Looks like something will have to go.

I'm putting the pressure on to get mine. Trying to get all the ins and outs together for the money man.

Thanks!
LP

Barry

Ladypainter said:
Barry, how far away from the computer can the VersaCamm be? It's a USB, right? Is the cord really long...could you buy a longer one? I don't know where I'm going to put it in this shop. Looks like something will have to go.

I'm putting the pressure on to get mine. Trying to get all the ins and outs together for the money man.

Thanks!
LP
I believe 10 foot is the limit..

Ladypainter

Now that you mention it...

If I could get rid of Phil...half the junk in here would go too...hmmmm

A) An old bulky pattern rack. We don't use the patterns any longer. We could whittle them down to 10 and put 'em in a drawer. This thing takes up the whole corner.

B) Don't be impressed...the mags are "Country Living".

C) The "Stuff we never use" Shelf.

D & E) Phil's "Space".

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 205
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 174
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG