• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How can I fool Flexi to cut less printed graphics than the file had

gabagoo

I sent out a file to print that had 10 large decals on it. I thought I had enough material but ran out. I got 8- 2 up of the decals and lost 2. They were printed on avery wrap material so I don't feel like reprinting and tossing these. Trying to eliminate hand cutting these.
Normally I would resend the file out and make it for the amount I need but I did not save the file. So is there anyway to cut these and fool the software?

bannertime

I'm not sure if this is a possible solution since you ran out of material. I've actually taken the blade out of the holder and let it run until it got back to where I needed it to go.

If your issue is with missing cut marks. Then you're likely out of luck. Any time I try to reuse a cut file or even resend the same file the plots are off.

I̶'̶m̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶P̶M̶?̶

Did you sent the file directly from Flexi or did you send a pdf with the contour lines and send from PM? What I'm getting at, is what file do you have left in PM?

I have added crop marks after the fact that should have printed. Just the last two that didn't print. I had to make my material longer to where the end of the print would have been so the machine could fully run the cut file. Measured twice, cut once. Half of them worked out. The other half were off. Maybe spent more time then I should have though. Time is valuable.

tooler82

I’m guessing you don’t leave your files in production manager? That’s why I don’t delete them from production manager. I’ve had my UPS fail before and lost the untitled document I had opened during the print job. Thank goodness for production manager saving it so I could just send it again.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
splice in extra material then measure out and ink in your missing reg marks. How would you not have the file saved? We use a different workflow. All our cuts/reg marks and such are created in Corel and saved with the file. We don't use the RIP to set up any cuts. We only use Flexi Production Manager for printing.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
You would have to splice in more material and add the alignment marks.
Then if you go back to reprint the same thing with the same number of prints, you can send it to the printer, cancel the print job and use the other file it generated for the cutter. It generally saves the spacing from the previous job.

FrankW

Do you have a Summa-Plotter and use OPOS X? S-Classes and SummaCut-R have the possibility to panel contour jobs. What means: instead of scanning all markers of a job at the beginning, it will scan the first four markers only, will cut everything between them, read markers 5 and 6 and will cut everything between the second and third row of markers and so on. So, depending on the job length and number of markers, you could cut a big part of the job until the plotter stops with end of media.

gabagoo

I’m guessing you don’t leave your files in production manager? That’s why I don’t delete them from production manager. I’ve had my UPS fail before and lost the untitled document I had opened during the print job. Thank goodness for production manager saving it so I could just send it again.[/QUOTE

The heck with it, I had a cut file for 6 so I used that tossed 2 and reprinted.